SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Interested in StealthGear mini Ventcore

6K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  benhar 
#1 ·
I've been looking at the Mini Ventcore from StealthGearUSA for my 365XL. Anyone have experience with that specific holster model and gun? I'd appreciate any observations, in particular whether you'd make that purchase again.

#3 · (Edited)
I owned a Stealthgear Ventcore at one point. It was nice enough, but these days, the only hybrid type holsters I'll consider are made by Black Arch.

Reactions: JT64
#9 ·
I second that...
I have a Black Arch and it’s the only one I will use anymore, it’s a hybrid but the Kydex fully wraps around the Trigger area and the gun will not fall out if turned upside down .
Nice Small footprint on the backer and very comfortable to wear all day....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I have a full size that I have had for 4 years or so. I use it a lot. Not as much as before the pandemic. I am a retired LEO.
This holster has been the most comfortable ISW holster I have owned. This is used for a p320 compact. As you can see I live in Florida, have had no problem with the heat when using this holster.
Son recently bought one(full size, and mag holder.) for a compact size gun and he is very happy with it.

#11 ·
The retention on Stealthgears are adjustable..I can hold my 365XL upside down, and it wont fall out unless I shake it.
But, I dont plan on being upside down with my pistol IWB.
But, I understand some may need it tight as to not fall out.

#15 ·
If you are wearing the holster properly and your belt is adjustable the gun isn't falling out.
I have worn mine at work and never lost a gun yet.
Climbing up and down off of trucks, sliding on my belly under them, working on bus engines where you have to drop down a hole in the floor and work in cramped spaces etc.

If I'm doing something that I think retention will be an issue there is always other holsters in the drawer that solve that.
I'm not in the FBI and I don't dance so there is that too.

In the end, do what makes you comfortable.

#16 · (Edited)
Having used several StealthGear holsters over the years, I was pretty happy with them. They replaced my Crossbreed’s for EDC use. Then I was talked into giving the Black Arch a try. Needless to say, my StealthGear holsters now reside in a box. The Black Arch is heads and shoulders above the StealthGear in quality. I love the full kydex coverage on the trigger and the quality of materials/fit-finish is top notch on the Black Arch.

#22 · (Edited)
And I use the Discreet Carry Concepts all steel clips that are a option on the Black Arch as well, very nice all metal clips
And great retention on them.

( and I have no affiliation with Black Arch or Discreet Carry Concepts either, just a very Satisfied Customer with a Drawer full of so called BEST Holsters)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.