SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as the title describes, my P226 was recently stolen.
I'm trying to figure out what the model was, but I bought it on consignment and the only information I have is the Serial Number.
unfortunately, this is not enough for the US offices to find the model of the pistol.
so basically I'm asking if anyone has any idea how to
A)determine the model and the price of it
OR
B) if anyone knows the Sig Sauer Germany customer support number (I've spent about 30 minutes trying to find it on the interweb to no avail)
thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
18,513 Posts
The serial number starts with a letter or three, followed by several numerals. If you can provide these letters along with the first three numerals following, we can tell you the model and approximate age. Value is an entirely different story with no pix.

·
🎖USA Veteran
56,557 Posts
if whomever you bought it from is an ffl, they'll have a record,with s/n,of the transaction.

welcome from az

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
List the first 3 or 4 of the serial number. Should start with a U. Did you have the correct box (and target)? Then tell us any other features (i.e. night sights, all nickel, two-tone, etc...). If it's really old like a W. German, then it's relatively easy as there weren't many options back then.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Bad luck, RAMrod - hopefully it will show up at a pawn shop.
Unfortunately, Sigs aren't appreciated by street thugs any more than a Miami-made pot metal "Saturday Night Special"...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.