SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have figured out the best way to get this to work.

after the original trigger is removed , put the AC in and put the pin in only securing it. attach the trigger bar spring and pull the trigger.

On my 227 it would not do DA until I filed almost all the delrin pin down. Each pistol is going to be different.

once I could do DA/SA without any issues I was able to drop the locking block in with no issues.

then its just figuring out the reset point.

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
Are you certain you have the grooved end of the trigger pin pointing to the left side of the frame, these groove(s) on the end of the pin horizontal (or parallel with the barrel) and the two notches in the trigger pin oriented downward? These could impede locking insert installation.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Well I got my triggers in the mail and got it all taken apart and put the new trigger in , but cant seem to get the locking block to fit. Their instructions are pretty useless to be honest.

I would think the locking block would drop in like any other sig but I cant get it to do that.

anyone else try to install their trigger and have any pointers?

would love to get at least 1 trigger done tonight
Sent you a PM. Call me.

·
Registered
720 Posts
also make sure its decocked. I fought with a locking block installation for 20 mins before I figured out that it needed to be decocked.

·
Registered
360 Posts
As said in the previous post. Make sure the pin notches face downward. Then, slide the block in. As you push on it, sometimes it is easiest to wiggle the pin back and forth using a small screwdriver. That's why the notch is on the pin :) Hopefully it goes ok. I installed one in about 15 minutes. My only surprise was the amount left on the nub after filing was only around 0.010.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I just installed two triggers.
M11A1 finished delrin length to reset 0.018".
P229 SAS finished delrin length to reset 0.015".
Both under the 0.02" listed in the instructions.
Every installation will be slightly different.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it finally installed, I had to file the delrin almost all the way down. It sure wasn't as easy as any of the other triggers ive used.

I figured out how to test it. by filing it down a little bit and pulling the trigger making sure da/sa works.

might try my 220 later today before I go to the legion

1 - 8 of 8 Posts