SIG Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 365 that I installed the XL grip on and I would like to install a manual safety on it. I don't feel competent to perform this work myself - are there companies out there that can do this for me?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I have a 365 that I installed the XL grip on and I would like to install a manual safety on it. I don't feel competent to perform this work myself - are there companies out there that can do this for me?

Thanks!
Darn, it's a 5 minute job, no tools needed. Look at the GreyGuns website, video shows how to do it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
It is a simple procedure. I’ll bet your local gun shop would be happy to do it for you.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I viewed the video from Osage County guns on installing the manual safety on a pre-notched 365 grip - appears very simple. When I installed my XL grip I removed the FCU from the standard grip and placed it in the new one. I would prefer not to purchase a pre-notched grip so how do you determine exactly where to notch my existing grip? I have not found a video explaining this. Will a utility knife be sufficient to notch the grip? Thanks for the replies of encouragement to do this myself.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Most P365 grips have a faint “U” outline exactly where the cutout notch should be. A utility knife will probably suffice - I used a Dremel tool to do mine.

·
Registered
376 Posts
As I said in a thread I started yesterday I did it myself to one of my P365s, and it was a half-hour job at most. The hardest thing is notching the frame, but as long as you have the right tools on hand it's straightforward. I used a Dremel tool and carefully cut close to the size needed, then finished it up with needle files. The other option of course is to buy a new frame with the notches already present. Installing the safety lever itself is easy, although that little spring and plunger is super-tiny and easily lost in the carpet if you fumble it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
This ones possible for sure , I did mine and it’s straight forward . You can do it but sure I’m the local gun store would take your money to do it.
The YouTube video shows how easy,it is watch it

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just searching online and found where I can purchase a notched XL frame, manual safety, spring and pin for a little over $90. Sounds like a way to go for me and I can save my current XL frame if I ever wanted to switch back.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Installing the safety is simple, as everyone has said.
Cutting the notch is also pretty easy. I've done 2 of my P365s, using a Dremel.
If you have a difficult time deciding where to cut the notch there is a template you can buy that fits over the edge of the grip nozzle, ensuring the notch is in the correct area.
Just search for P365 manual safetycut template.
I think it's about $13.

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
I found that when notching my Grip I followed the rear faint Vertical line (closest to the rear pin)
Cut that down to the Horizontal line.
DO NOT cut the forward Vertical line you do not need to go that far forward.
The forward Verticle Cut will be a little over half way in the U..

Place the FCU into the Grip and lower the back to where the shaft of the Manual Safety rests on the Grip.
Now look where the front of the Manual Safety Lever arm rests...that is where you need to cut downward.

Remove the Plastic and you should be good to go.

Do the same on the other side.

Don't cut yourself!
Scribe where you want to cut over & over working your way through the plastic.
A Coping saw with a fine saw should also work.
It's only Plastic / Polymer

·
Registered
376 Posts
Installing the safety is simple, as everyone has said.
Cutting the notch is also pretty easy. I've done 2 of my P365s, using a Dremel.
If you have a difficult time deciding where to cut the notch there is a template you can buy that fits over the edge of the grip nozzle, ensuring the notch is in the correct area.
Just search for P365 manual safetycut template.
I think it's about $13.
Not affiliated with this seller, just including it for convenience:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I've dremeled the cut several times, once badly...the dremel jumped. Been getting grip modules since.
BTW, I seem to recall thick grease will help to hold the spring and plunger in place for assembly, and make it run smoother afterwards.
Moon

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was just searching online and found where I can purchase a notched XL frame, manual safety, spring and pin for a little over $90. Sounds like a way to go for me and I can save my current XL frame if I ever wanted to switch back.
Would you mind sharing a link to that? Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts