SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone has a sig scorpion carry for sale locally, not sure what size frame the carry is. I have different caliber slides that work with only with a full or commander size frame and not on a officer size frame. Anyone have any info that can help me. thanks
Font Hand tool Rectangle Metal Toy

·
Registered
23,652 Posts
It is a full-size government model in the original Scorpion line which had an FDE Cerakote finish and Hogue G10 grips. Pictures below are both. Compare how far the slide extends forward of the MIL-STD-1913 accessory rail and the shape of the forward end of the accessory rail. You will also see fewer forward cocking serrations on the slide.
I cannot tell you if your slides would fit the frame rails on a SIG 1911.

Only specs published are:
Font Screenshot Number Rectangle

Full size:

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

Carry:

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry

·
Registered
Variety is what I really enjoy. Sigs being first!
4,696 Posts
It’s really hard to determine anything from a pic of a pic! Color I can’t tell. Slide length, from the pic you posted it almost looks like it’s in between full and carry. It’s very deceiving. I think the Carry should be a Commander length slide.?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Ok, sorry, the above posted pics are Scorpions, of course. OP’s original pic looked grey to me, but slide does look a bit long. I have drooled over an Emperor Scorpion Fastback Carry for some time as an obligatory 1911. I’m not the 1911 authority for sure. Good Luck

·
🎖USN Veteran
Sig P220, P226, P227, P228, P365XL, P365XL, M400 TREAD, 716i TREAD, 516 G2 Patrol, MPX K
2,416 Posts
Just remember that Sig uses a Series 80 style action with the firing pin safety and safety levers. They make spacers to replace the Series 80 hardware but it’s not a “drop in” solution regardless of frame size.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanks for all the info, im gonna meet the guy next week, hes a member at the local gun club and had the listing posted in a display case, hence why its a picture of a picture.

·
Registered
Variety is what I really enjoy. Sigs being first!
4,696 Posts
I have followed so much conversation over the years on the firing pin safety (block) on 1911’s.
I believe a series 80 is released with trigger movement, while a Schwartz (for example a Kimber labeled as a II) it is released with depressing the grip safety.
I have never owned a series 80 1911, although I have shot many of them. I don’t have enough personal experience with them to really give an accurate opinion.
I have owned Kimber 1911’s with the Schwartz safety, (Kimber II designation in its title, aka Pro Carry II) and had never had an issue and the triggers were extremely workable. The issue here is that the “timing” of the mechanics can be (apparently) affected by the extra mechanical linkage.
It’s my understanding that the series 80 can sometimes be a bit troublesome in attaining that perfect 1911 trigger due to the added components and the resulting drag.
Personally, I prefer my 1911’s to not have a firing pin block.
This is only my two cents worth on it. 😎

1 - 14 of 14 Posts