SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need help identifying model of a P226 that I am trading my P2022 for. The 226 is a .40 cal and has a beavertail frame. However, it does not have front slide serrations. It does have a picatinny rail. I'm not sure about an SRT. The owner doesn't know much about firearms and isn't sure. Oh, and I believe it came w/ one regular factory mag and one extended mag like the Tac Ops model. Did Sig make any regular Nitrons w Beavertails? The lack of front serrations is throwing me. I'm going to do the trade but I find this weird. Any help is appreciated! Oh, one other question. I am going to order a Sig .357 barrel. I believe it can just replace the .40 barrel. Anything else I should do to it? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Welcome from PA!

Call SIG customer service for all of your questions. They know the gun.

·
Registered
19,501 Posts
I can see your gun says SIGArms on the left side of the slide. What does the frame say? I'm curious if someone didn't swap out the slide.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Interesting.... Welcome to SigTalk. Good luck with your swap and hope someone here knows what you are getting. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
You should look around for a factory caliber conversion kit in .357. That way, you will get night sights that will be properly zeroed for that caliber. Otherwise, you will be shooting low. Very.

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
It has the SIG proprietary rail that will fit most Picatinny accessories. It does not have a true MIL-STD-1913 "Picatinny" rail.

It looks much like a P226 Enhanced Elite with the beavertail.
But it does not have the front cocking serrations of the P226 Enhanced Elite.
I could have been a CPO SIG. Sometimes, SIG mixes different parts when they create a CPO.

Either way, it is a SIG P226 which means it is a darn nice gun! ;)
The P226 is my favorite, in any flavor. :D

Here is an educational graphic I put together a while back to show the difference in the accessory rails.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I knew you guys could help.

I did get a pic with serial number on frame and called Sig customer service. The pistol did leave the factory as an "Elite Dark". So it looks like someone did a slide change out. I kind of like the beavertail look and it should have the SRT so those are nice bonuses. I could care less about the serrations but adjustable combat sites would be cool. Explains the mystery. Gonna post another question about barrel change vs conversion kit. The barrel cost $189. A conversion kit would cost $409. That's decent considering it would have nite sites but a little rich for my blood. Hey, and thanks for the welcome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts