SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening, all! This is my first post on this forum. I am in the market for a P220, and was about to "pull the trigger" on a Stainless Elite, when I saw that Sig will most likely be releasing the 220 Legion in the near future.

I've had my eyes on the SS for a while now for good reason, it's a beautiful weapon, and the heavier steel frame will absorb a good deal of recoil, which is a plus. That's probably my number one reason for liking that model, but The Legion series seems to have a lot going for it as well. As a matter of fact, once I deplete my gun fund here soon, the next one I will save for will be the 226 Legion in 9mm.

This pistol will be replacing my Walther P99 (.40) as my primary carry weapon. I'm a big guy so I'm not too concerned with weight, but am concerned with recoil and easy of carry.

What are your thoughts? Buy the stainless or wait for the Legion?

Registered
Welcome from NV.

Get the Elite. Complaints of finish problems with the Legion are, um, legion.

Since you appear to like 40, as I do as well, consider looking for a nice LEO trade in P229 DA/SA in 40. A no rail, legacy slide, short extractor, from '92 up through about '05. They are plentiful still and can be had for $400 to $550 or so. (Avoid DAK unless that's what you want, they go for about $100 less than DA/SA.) These guns are considered by many to be from the period SIG reached the very apogee of quality. And for good reason, the P229 has been one of SIGs most popular pistols.

Many LE agencies used the P229 in 40, and have been following the FBI's blunder, ah, lead, :) to the 9mm. These guns may be numerous, but they are classics all. End of ad. My most frequent carry (mfg, '99)

Registered
I have a P220 SAO Stainless Elite 10mm and love it. The stainless frame makes it feel like a tank and I love it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.