SIG Talk banner
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Ok here’s the scenario: imagine it is basically post apocalyptic times and you could only choose one Sig pistol, in one caliber, with enough ammo (you define enough) in one type of load. In this case, it is your setup to protect your family, friends, and yourself. What are your choices?

Mine would be P220 Legion (DA/SA) chambered .45, Trijicon HD night sights with co-witnessed red dot (Trijicon or Holosun), TLR-7 streamlight, 25k rounds of Winchester Ranger Talon +P 230gr JHP.

Edit: assume you have endless magazines, cleaning gear, and batteries for dots and lights.

What are your choices?
I agree with all of that, but I'll take the FNX 45 tactical!

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
In my Bug Out Bag - a G17M, 3 mags and a case of 9mm. I have to hump the case of ammo.

In your scenario, 716i Snakebite, 2 dozen mags, 10,000 rounds (340 lbs), maintenance supplies. Vehicle bug out.

Reactions: ChrisNC1

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I agree with all of that, but I'll take the FNX 45 tactical!
I’ve been looking at that gun hardcore for a minute now. And, I almost pulled the trigger on it but landed on a CZ 75D PCR instead. I pick it up next week.
You wouldn't regret it! Just as addicting as any Sig! View attachment 469391
I was afraid you were going to say that about the FN! Others have warned me about CZ as well…:)

I’ve heard that some new owners get them and then lock the slide back for a few days. Maybe the springs are really tight when purchased brand new. Did you have to do the same with yours?

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
I was afraid you were going to say that about the FN! Others have warned me about CZ as well…:)

I’ve heard that some new owners get them and then lock the slide back for a few days. Maybe the springs are really tight when purchased brand new. Did you have to do the same with yours?
Never! I've owned five all together, every one of them b n i b! never once have I ever had any of the problems that people on the forums and the internet whine about! No pre break in fte's, Etc.
The only thing I've seen that I agree with at this point is magazine Springs are a bit stiff when new, that's normal with most firearms. And the trigger is a bit different. Nothing unusual, just takes a little getting used to (especially for the striker fire fans). It is a very comfortable low recoil extremely accurate and reliable high capacity 45! I understand that there was some problems with the very early versions, I wouldn't know about that because I didn't get my first one until 2018. Several friends and acquaintances after having spent a day at the range with me have very rapidly acquired one! Including somebody who I will not mention his name, just met him 3 weeks ago through another friend, showed him one of the ones in the picture in person at said friend's house, very next day went to Bass Pro and bought one! (Never even have fired it) Also he joined this forum the same day! Joining The Forum was due to my influence, but the FN spoke for itself!:love:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Never! I've owned five all together, every one of them b n i b! never once have I ever had any of the problems that people on the forums and the internet whine about! No pre break in fte's, Etc.
The only thing I've seen that I agree with at this point is magazine Springs are a bit stiff when new, that's normal with most firearms. And the trigger is a bit different. Nothing unusual, just takes a little getting used to (especially for the striker fire fans). It is a very comfortable low recoil extremely accurate and reliable high capacity 45! I understand that there was some problems with the very early versions, I wouldn't know about that because I didn't get my first one until 2018. Several friends and acquaintances after having spent a day at the range with me have very rapidly acquired one! Including somebody who I will not mention his name, just met him 3 weeks ago through another friend, showed him one of the ones in the picture in person at said friend's house, very next day went to Bass Pro and bought one! (Never even have fired it) Also he joined this forum the same day! Joining The Forum was due to my influence, but the FN spoke for itself!:love:
Indeed, I’m glad that you didn’t have the issues others have had with them; I was wondering if that was an early manufacturing run issue. FN is a solid manufacturer as I understand it and the FNX 45 Tactical is a extremely reliable gun from what I have seen and read in reviews. I was at my LGS the other day, where I have gotten a few screaming good deals. The owner was telling me about the FNX and he doesn’t even carry them. He told me that he has one personally and that I should really look into it. I was almost set to get one and then I ran into Mr. CZ. You know the rest

·
Registered
134 Posts
Right on, I’ve never shot 10mm before. How would you say that it compares to shooting .45? Also, do you find it difficult locating 10mm ammunition?
A 10mm has significantly more recoil than a 45 ACP. I reload, so I have plenty of ammo, besides it gobbles up 40 S&W like candy and I have a ton of that.

·
Super Moderator
P365/P365XL
979 Posts
Based on this alone, a P226 in .40 or .357. Whichever of the two you pick, "scavenge" a barrel of the other type and a 9mm. Not optimal but you can get away with a factory 9mm barrel in a P226 .40 or .357 slide, no so much with the P229.
Bingo. You've won the thread as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: ChrisNC1
21 - 40 of 88 Posts