SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok here’s the scenario: imagine it is basically post apocalyptic times and you could only choose one Sig pistol, in one caliber, with enough ammo (you define enough) in one type of load. In this case, it is your setup to protect your family, friends, and yourself. What are your choices?

Mine would be P220 Legion (DA/SA) chambered .45, Trijicon HD night sights with co-witnessed red dot (Trijicon or Holosun), TLR-7 streamlight, 25k rounds of Winchester Ranger Talon +P 230gr JHP.

Edit: assume you have endless magazines, cleaning gear, and batteries for dots and lights.

What are your choices?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ok here’s the scenario: imagine it is basically post apocalyptic times and you could only choose one Sig pistol, in one caliber, with enough ammo (you define enough) in one type of load. In this case, it is your setup to protect your family, friends, and yourself. What are your choices?

Mine would be P220 Legion (DA/SA) chambered .45, Trijicon HD night sights with co-witnessed red dot (Trijicon or Holosun), TLR-7 streamlight, 25k rounds of Winchester Ranger Talon +P 230gr JHP.

What are your choices?
M11A1.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Based on this alone, a P226 in .40 or .357. Whichever of the two you pick, "scavenge" a barrel of the other type and a 9mm. Not optimal but you can get away with a factory 9mm barrel in a P226 .40 or .357 slide, no so much with the P229.
Ok cool. What about dots and lights? What are your thoughts on ammo?

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
So, the end comes and how exactly does someone take all my Sigs etc and leave me to choose this one? I mean he/they would have to kill me to get my stuff so letting me have one, really?

Even if the threat was the new Russian super nuke torpedo that was bringing a 500 meter wave and we had to make a run for it I would still take an AR + a Sig.
Heck, the way Ivan's junk has failed I wouldn't leave anyway so I still keep all my stuff or drown if it does work (unlikely)
Sorry OP, fail!!

Reactions: ChrisNC1

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, the end comes and how exactly does someone take all my Sigs etc and leave me to choose this one? I mean he/they would have to kill me to get my stuff so letting me have one, really?

Even if the threat was the new Russian super nuke torpedo that was bringing a 500 meter wave and we had to make a run for it I would still take an AR + a Sig.
Heck, the way Ivan's junk has failed I wouldn't leave anyway so I still keep all my stuff or drown if it does work (unlikely)
Sorry OP, fail!!
Nobody failed my friend. It’s a fun thought experiment which is basically relevant given the current state of, well the world.
Anywho, I was led to believe that this is a discussion forum, you know, to discuss things. If that is the case, let’s say that a newfangled EMP went off and evaporated every Sig and every other gun/knife/bayonet/nunchuck/baseball bat/dart gun/sling shot/spit ball shooter/ and squirt gun ever known to mankind, except for the one Sig and some ammo you choose. If that were the case, which Sig would you choose to survive-just for discussion sake?

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I understand it is a bit of a fun scenario it just has no real relevant with the state of the world as the possibilities are endless on what may/may not happen.
It is more of what is you favorite pistol in a different way

It should be sub divided into you must flee on foot, flee in a vehicle or you can stay put and since it is one pistol it should be a flee on foot with only what you can carry

My favorite Pistol is a P228-1 but if I had to walk and carry whatever I could I would want a P365 (mini light) with high-tech super bad light weight ammo to increase the number of rounds per pound and allow me to carry a few parts, water purifier, simple night vision, lightweight sleeping bag.
It would change what I like to what is best for the least weight to carry

Any scenario that allows me to stay home or travel by vehicle makes a one gun possibility too unrealistic to even fantasize about, IMO

Reactions: ChrisNC1
1 - 20 of 88 Posts