SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SP2022 9mm. It came with the 15rd magazine. I have access to get some 10rd magazines locally.

I suspect there is no difference between 15rd and 10rd magazines (other than capacity), and that the 10rd will work in 15rd guns.

I'd end up leaving the 10rd in the house, and using my 15rd when I go to shoot (I'll end up getting more 15rd when they are available.

Has anyone swapped their 15rd for 10rd?

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
It will work. The only difference in the 10 and 15 round is the limiter built into the mag. The external dimensions are the same.

·
Registered
35,139 Posts
It will work well, and make the left wingers feel all warm and fuzzy, since you can commit less mayham with it. What a joke.
Since the 9s can hold more rounds, why not limit a mag to what a standard grip can hold. I don't believe a limit will help anything, or ever has. I tried the big clilp in my old Glock and it never fed well anyway. How can you commit mayham when your gun jambs on a regular basis.

·
Registered
35,139 Posts
Well, I wasn't trying to make a political statement, I was just trying to organize myself a little..
Yea sorry about that, but politics is the only reason that 10 rounder exists. It is permantly altered.
I do have a 6 round 45 and a 15 round 9mm. At the range it makes little difference to me. Spend more time loading a mag, or load more often.
I just hope ammo says remotely affordable to spend relaxing time at the range.
Somehow I think that is what is coming. Ammo tax won't help violence, and we will lose out on a pleasant pastime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts