SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i want a legion bad. fits my hand perfect. It seems the finish on most are perfectly fine so i'll take the gamble.

This is going to be a home defense/range gun. For everyone who shot both the da/sa and sa versions which do you feel was the better trigger? I'm used to shooting striker fired guns.

also, since i know nothing about hammer fired guns is it ok to keep the hammer back for long periods of time?

if i got the da/sa is there a way to get a flat trigger for it?

·
Registered
932 Posts
I know what you mean! I want a Legion too. Plan on getting one soon.

On SAO pistols, cocked and locked is "A OK".

On DA/SA keep it de-cocked (but you probably know that already).

Yes, I believe there are several flat triggers that will work on the Legions.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I have both the 229 da/sa and the 226 SAO. The SAO 226 is in my opinion the better version. The trigger is amazing and is really accurate. If you read the different threads a lot of the guys say it is similar to the custom trigger jobs that come from the different armorers. Good luck

·
Registered
745 Posts
I bought a DA/SA P226 Legion late last summer, and 3 SAO SIGs since, including a Legion. The SAO triggers are a step above. In fact I am considering selling my DA/SA Legion because I am sold in the SAO.

BTW.... the finish on both of my Legions are perfectly fine.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Any Legion is fantastic.

The standard DA/SA Grey Guns trigger is fine. Although, many people here, love the SAO trigger better.

Just remember, SAO is similar to a 1911. Safety lever and one trigger pull.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm getting a legion...Apply a little antibiotic ointment 3 times a day and see if it goes away. If it doesn't, consult a dermatologist.
It's not that easy to shake this disease, just when you think you have it under control it flares up again. I started out with just a touch of P320C but before you know it I had a full blown case of Legionares disease. It consumed my spare time until I got relief from the local gun shop. Now that I have a Legion I feel much relief but I am using anti P226 X5 ointment prophylactically.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ok i want a legion bad. fits my hand perfect. It seems the finish on most are perfectly fine so i'll take the gamble.

This is going to be a home defense/range gun. For everyone who shot both the da/sa and sa versions which do you feel was the better trigger? I'm used to shooting striker fired guns.

also, since i know nothing about hammer fired guns is it ok to keep the hammer back for long periods of time?

if i got the da/sa is there a way to get a flat trigger for it?
I also only had striker fired pistols, I started with a Glock 23 then moved to the HK VP9 then back to the Glock 19 MOS which I still have then got myself the P229 Legion in 9mm which I am so satisfied with. This is my first pistol with a hammer as well as my first Sig.

Go get a LEGION, you wont regret it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Trigger break

My .40 SA/DA and my 9mm SAO break at about the same rate with two different platforms..but using and RCBS and a digital luggage scale for comparison....Both triggers release at a similar rate at a single action pull.

They are a different feel. The way your finger rests and how you engage the trigger will make things different for everyone.

You can't go wrong with either one.

And to edit: hammer question... the "Spring" question is easily found using the google machine. Three entities in that fight. Yes, no, and depends.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
The Legion da/sa and two sse da/sa pistols that got to look at had horrible single action triggers.
All 3 had a lot of creep in them.
You'll be gambling by going with a da/sa Legion.
The SAO Legions seems like money every time.
Imo, if you want the better trigger, get an SAO.
However, if your not really used to a good trigger, then you prolly wont really be too sensitive to the creep in one of the da/sa triggers (in the sao mode of course)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Either one...

SA/DA v.s. SAO? Whichever you will be more comfortable with is the one you should go with. I have both, and dry-fired both more than actually shot them. They both have smooth triggers and no discernible creep at the single reset stage (DA/SA). Both are at right around 4# with an RCBS trigger gauge. 1911 shooters can tell the difference, but once at the firing line, you have more things to think about besides the trigger on these.

Sight picture, grip, breathing, posture... etc.... then the trigger? You won't even think about it.... it's clean! It will surprise you.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sold my da/sa to get the SAO. Best out of the box trigger there is. Keep rails and metal on metal areas greased and your finish will be fine. It will show signs of use and those signs are more noticeable with the gray finish. Fine for the SAO to be cocked and locked and the da/sa use decocker to give long trigger pull for safety. I'm not sure so I'll just go with my gut and say you can get a flat trigger for da/sa but why drop over a grand on a gun then buy a flat trigger? Buy the SAO and you're good to go. Just my 2 cents worth

"God created men and Sam Colt made them equal"

Reactions: Runnerpsu
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.