SIG Talk banner
321 - 340 of 340 Posts

·
Retired Super Moderator
16,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
I received an email from Kalli first thing this morning apologizing about the oversight. I'll send them he bolt back next week and they'll cover the shipping. Can't ask for anything more than that. :D

Reactions: kansascity45

·
Retired Super Moderator
16,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
Update

I mailed the bolt out to LRI Monday. Got an email from Kalli Friday morning that the just got it in and turned it right back out to me. I was placed at the front of the line. Talk about great CS. USPS tracking shows that pops received it yesterday.
So now that that's done progress can resume.

·
Retired Super Moderator
16,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
Stopped by pops place this evening and took a look at my bolt. Surprise surprise, LRI included one of their very own machined aluminum bolt knobs. I didn't ask for anything and even told them not to bother reimbursing me for shipping my bolt back. What great folks and excellent work and customer service.

Reactions: SHOOT

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Fantastic looking rifle. Would love to have one like this. It is on my list.

Reactions: Twistedracer

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Picherz!

Reactions: SteveAikens

·
Premium Member
16,898 Posts
Reactions: Edsel

·
Retired Super Moderator
16,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 · (Edited)
It's winter. Projects keep me out of trouble.
Now that the bolt is done, the barrel will be threaded this week.

Then cerakote or maybe a high polish?

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Ha, wish I had your patience - Those Alamo 4 Star folks confirmed my muzzle brake order 10 days ago .. not a peep since. Guess that why they're not 5 stars...

Cheers
Quick update on this sad muzzle break order. Alamo 4's must have more sales than they need!! I ordered their rifle brake for a SSG 3000 on Nov 5th. Nothing from them, so followed up with these folks Nov 15. Never heard anything from Alamo 4...

Obviously, my $150 order isn't their priority, so cancelled this order today...

Lots of great brake options available these days - just not from Alamo 4.

Cheers

·
Retired Super Moderator
16,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·
Quick update on this sad muzzle break order. Alamo 4's must have more sales than they need!! I ordered their rifle brake for a SSG 3000 on Nov 5th. Nothing from them, so followed up with these folks Nov 15. Never heard anything from Alamo 4...

Obviously, my $150 order isn't their priority, so cancelled this order today...

Lots of great brake options available these days - just not from Alamo 4.

Cheers
Take a look at the APA Fat *******. Very effective and it doesn't need to be indexed. Just spin it on level then tighten the locknut. I'm thinking of switching to this vs the Ops that came with my 338L.

·
Premium Member
16,898 Posts

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Take a look at the APA Fat *******. Very effective and it doesn't need to be indexed. Just spin it on level then tighten the locknut. I'm thinking of switching to this vs the Ops that came with my 338L.
Thanks for the muzzle brake ideas. Interesting footnote - Alamo sent me a very prompt confirmation of my order's cancellation this morning. Weird!! They seemed to have some great product concepts .. Hope they can find/develop the means to make a successful business too...

Heck, after close hands-on inspection of this SSG 3000 - think we'll keep her stock for a while. I've never liked those A2 birdcages on my ARs, but like everything on this rifle, SIG's muzzle looks pretty robust and deserves some quality time at the range. We'll see how she goes!

Thanks again

Cheers

·
Retired Super Moderator
16,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
Thanks for the muzzle brake ideas. Interesting footnote - Alamo sent me a very prompt confirmation of my order's cancellation this morning. Weird!! They seemed to have some great product concepts .. Hope they can find/develop the means to make a successful business too...

Heck, after close hands-on inspection of this SSG 3000 - think we'll keep her stock for a while. I've never liked those A2 birdcages on my ARs, but like everything on this rifle, SIG's muzzle looks pretty robust and deserves some quality time at the range. We'll see how she goes!

Thanks again

Cheers
That 308 is gonna break your shoulder :lol:

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
That 308 is gonna break your shoulder :lol:
LOL - Right!! Was interesting watching our sons bench shooting rifles over Thanksgiving. One hour or so segment had an A2 birdcage equipped rifle on each side of our Surefire muzzle brake rifle. These were all 16" ARs.

The Surefire MB had NO muzzle flip with the rifle's fore end simply resting on a block, while the A2s were jumping couple inches even with a support hand in front.

Of course, the muzzle flip - Grand Champ by a HUGE margin - was the lightweight 300WM X-Bolt with no muzzle device...

I'll have to admit that Mr Ddoc was right - my right shoulder hasn't felt the same since running 70rds with this X-Bolt. She does have a lot of mule in her!!

Cheers

·
Retired Super Moderator
16,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
LOL - Right!! Was interesting watching our sons bench shooting rifles over Thanksgiving. One hour or so segment had an A2 birdcage equipped rifle on each side of our Surefire muzzle brake rifle. These were all 16" ARs.

The Surefire MB had NO muzzle flip with the rifle's fore end simply resting on a block, while the A2s were jumping couple inches even with a support hand in front.

Of course, the muzzle flip - Grand Champ by a HUGE margin - was the lightweight 300WM X-Bolt with no muzzle device...

I'll have to admit that Mr Ddoc was right - my right shoulder hasn't felt the same since running 70rds with this X-Bolt. She does have a lot of mule in her!!

Cheers
I ate Total instead of Wheaties growing up. I'll carry the heavier rifle versus lightweights :lol:

321 - 340 of 340 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.