SIG Talk banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
P320
103 Posts
Just installed the SDM thumb release on my 629. It's worth it, definitely a more positive feel that won't slip. Got mine from Midway U.S.A. Trigger Air gun Revolver Gun barrel Material property Tin Automotive design Bicycle part Nickel Auto part

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
642 Airweight Performance Center Model (top) .38 spec. or 638 Airweight .38 spec. .... they both carry well. I keep them loaded with Liberty Civil Defense 50 grn. SCHP.
If five rounds doesn't feel like enough I can always carry both of them ... one in my pocket one on my belt.

Air gun Trigger Revolver Kitchen utensil Gun barrel

Reactions: fotog

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I carried a Model 36 for years. Either ankle or pocket, depending on how I was dressed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I carry a Smith 442 and load wad cutters, the cold hard truth is you're not going to get squat for velocity out of a stubby little barrel so you're wasting money using high dollar pdf ammo in a short barrel pocket gun. Now if I carry the 686-3 I load the high octane stuff.
That extra inch always makes a difference ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
S&W Model 19. 2 3/4 barrel Target hammer, sights, trigger - yeah, I know, but, they work for me. Coyz Partner holster. Round butt with compact Goodyears. Hornady 38 Special plus P. That stuff just works for me. Never failed me. I have carried a Model 19 of sorts, off and on, since 1973 - yeah, baby, I am old.

·
Registered
772 Posts
You will often find a 3" GP100 on my hip or a 642 in my pocket. Love my GP and it is small enough to conceal.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Taurus Titanium .38 w/ 158 gr SWCHP's. IWB or OWB at 3:00.
My "bag" held a Dan Wesson .357 magnum w/ 125 gr SJHP's.

Sleeve Font Revolver Auto part Tie

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
S&W Model 19-4 .357 magnum

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wouldn't carry one in the city, but I carry a Taurus Tracker 627 in .357mag in the woods during rattlesnake season. I've used it for around 20 years.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
A life time ago, I carried a S&W 586 on duty. If I had to go back, it would likely stick with the 586 or go with a Chiappa.
Off duty... it would be a S&W 360. I like the 637 I picked up the other day but had my budget allowed, the 360 would have come home with me.

As far as ammo... I'm partial to carrying the magnums with .38 Special loads and keeping a speed loader/clip of .357 handy should the need arise. The 38 rounds are more than capable of stopping someone but there are times you can always benefit from a little more zip (shooting through doors, walls, into engine blocks, etc.).

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hey I didnt know it was a picture thread too!!

And like I said .. doesnt have to be Forced I carry this gun regularly

Revolver Everyday carry Tool Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
607 Posts
If you are old enough to have seen numerous cowboy movies where the guy fires about 12 shots from a six shooter, then when it runs dry, he throws the gun at the bad guy, I would want a revolver that's throwable....

61 - 80 of 81 Posts