Registered
2,684 Posts
Ruger Alaskan in .454 Casull, or Ruger RedHawk in .41mag

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hmmm. hard choice.

1st choice - S&W TRR8 - because 8x .357
2nd choice - S&W 625 - because I'm really really good with this one. Lots of practice.
3rd choice - S&W 327PC 2.5" bbl
4th choice - S&W 940

·
Registered
457 Posts
My wife bought an LCR and decided she doesn't like it and stayed with her Xds for ccw. I haven't played with the LCR enough yet to know if I like it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It would be the S&W 442-1 for me. Don't own one right now but I own other S&W J-frames and the 442-1 is essentially the same only lighter. :cool:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Webley .455 British.

Reactions: Matt Helm

·
Registered
302 Posts
I already choose to carry a M&P340 which replaced the 640 because of weight and sights. Both are good choices.

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
Seems like Smith & Wesson still holds the revolver market.
I think the Ruger GP100's and Super RedHawks are as good or better. But for some reason the S&W models just seem to fit the particular application I wanted.

I hate the Internal Lock, it's poorly designed and I have no doubt it can and occasionally does malfunction. However, S&W does make several models without IL, and simply removing the Flag disables the lock...so It's not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Here you go! I think I can see why this guy is sitting down......

6" 686 Plus is my woods gun, tho I have been known to go to town with it instead of switching to the Sig. Ironically, tho it is way easier to see it seems to attract less attention.

Black bears and wolves would be our main concern. Maybe a moose but pretty unlikely. Two legged varmits on the trail the real issue!

Attachments

41 - 60 of 81 Posts