SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any determination or consensus been made on the appropriate division for the 320RX or 320X5 in IDPA?

From Alma's videos I gather that USPSA has the 320RX in the Carry Optics Division.

TIA

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
To my knowledge, optics are not permitted in IDPA.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
To my knowledge, optics are not permitted in IDPA.
Understand - that was my thought also until I looked at the rules and 8.2.10 has a short phrase about clubs "allowing" cary optics amongst other divisions.

8.2.10 is the Speciality Division. The reason for my question is that given time passage whether there had been a "general" determination for pistols like the 320RX which is a "Stock" gun.

I can't find anything that addresses some of the production features on the X5 as to which division; Stock or Enhanced kind of thing.

·
Registered
428 Posts
There is a not for score division for local IDPA matches where you can shoot any gun that's not otherwise legal. Anything with the Optics will fall in there.

From the NRA show it sounds like there is good news on the X5 front for IDPA. IDPA ruled that the bull barrel isn't thick enough to be a true bull barrel that would disqualify the X5 for IDPA use. So, with different magazines the X5 should now be legal for ESP and SSP with the magwell removed.
With the magwell removed and shorter magazines its USPSA legal for Production, and with no magwell, a Romeo1, and the 21 round magazines you legal for Carry Optics.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Essentially any gun is legal under the new Specialty Division, as long as you have legal holster, mags, and related gear.
You may not be competing against anyone shooting similar gear, but with MD approval, you're legal.
There's a minimum annual production of 2000 units for SSP, so a gun that has been recently introduced might not be legal, even if it fits in the box, makes weight, etc.
If the X5 fits in the box, it should be legal for ESP.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Essentially any gun is legal under the new Specialty Division, as long as you have legal holster, mags, and related gear.
You may not be competing against anyone shooting similar gear, but with MD approval, you're legal.
There's a minimum annual production of 2000 units for SSP, so a gun that has been recently introduced might not be legal, even if it fits in the box, makes weight, etc.
If the X5 fits in the box, it should be legal for ESP.
There is no 2k production number for SSP. That's USPSA Production and the X5 had surpassed that.
With no magwell the X5 should be legal for SSP and with the magwell in ESP. There is some conflicting information about whether or not the grip weight will need to be removed for IDPA. You would need to use something shorter than the 21 round mags.

In USPSA the X5 with the magwell removed and 17 round mags is good in Production, or magwell removed and Optic added for Carry Optics.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Alma, I have looked all over the IDPA Web site and am unable to find the announcement stating the X5 is good to go for SSP (with removal of magwell and shorter mags). Do you know where I can find a written source for this info? While your word is good enough for me, I'm sure I'll need more than a printed copy of a forum thread to convince the MD.

Just picked up an X5 yesterday and I don't want to get turned away from my local IDPA match in a couple weeks when I try to run the X5.

There is a not for score division for local IDPA matches where you can shoot any gun that's not otherwise legal. Anything with the Optics will fall in there.

From the NRA show it sounds like there is good news on the X5 front for IDPA. IDPA ruled that the bull barrel isn't thick enough to be a true bull barrel that would disqualify the X5 for IDPA use. So, with different magazines the X5 should now be legal for ESP and SSP with the magwell removed.
With the magwell removed and shorter magazines its USPSA legal for Production, and with no magwell, a Romeo1, and the 21 round magazines you legal for Carry Optics.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Alma, I have looked all over the IDPA Web site and am unable to find the announcement stating the X5 is good to go for SSP (with removal of magwell and shorter mags). Do you know where I can find a written source for this info? While your word is good enough for me, I'm sure I'll need more than a printed copy of a forum thread to convince the MD.

Just picked up an X5 yesterday and I don't want to get turned away from my local IDPA match in a couple weeks when I try to run the X5.

That's what I'd like to see too. I'm sure using mine locally would be fine but then again, maybe not. One competitor did use his last weekend without anyone questioning it but I wouldn't want to get turned away.

Reactions: GunPilot64
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.