SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
909 Posts
I wonder how long it will be before the passenger gets back into a car with that guy. It looked like he was going to bail from the moving vehicle.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I guess it takes all kinds. I find it amazing that he continued shooting, after the first round went through his windshield. Firing a gun in a car, moving or not, can’t be fun.

I walked up to another truck to talk to a guy I knew from construction sites. I noticed a weird hole in his mirror. Shiny aluminum housing, with a puckered hole coming out of it. He had a piece of mirror taped to the inside. He had been spotlighting deer, with a scoped rifle. The scope was just high enough to not see the mirror. After I laughed at him, and called him a moron, he says, “I got the deer”. Well, ok then:eek:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
So the thing to have done would be to report the plate number and provide video of the driver brandishing a firearm.

In what world does someone think it's a good idea to fire from their car at someone they caught up with who is no longer an imminent threat? AND THEN release the video?

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I guess it takes all kinds. I find it amazing that he continued shooting, after the first round went through his windshield. Firing a gun in a car, moving or not, can’t be fun.

I walked up to another truck to talk to a guy I knew from construction sites. I noticed a weird hole in his mirror. Shiny aluminum housing, with a puckered hole coming out of it. He had a piece of mirror taped to the inside. He had been spotlighting deer, with a scoped rifle. The scope was just high enough to not see the mirror. After I laughed at him, and called him a moron, he says, “I got the deer”. Well, ok then:eek:
I think many people in KY know someone who shot their mirror taking a shot at a deer from their cab. I personally know of TWO people who did that and I don't remember either replacing their passenger mirror. :lol:

·
Banned
904 Posts
I am in agreement with the "***" moment of him firing not once, not twice, but THREE times thru his windshield.

He must have been very proud of himself to think posting the video would make him a star on the internet.

That poor guy with him. Geez. He did not know what to do. I'll bet they had to get that seat re-upholstered.

Someone should email a copy of this video to his insurance company.

And I'll bet you will not see a Farmers Insurance commercial featuring this idiot with J. K. Simmons stating "We covered it."

·
Registered
263 Posts
I saw on the news not too long ago of a cop chasing a guy on highway and the cop shoot through his windshield.

LOL, cop was discharged for some reason?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Tactical Beard: Check.
Full Sleeve Tattoo: Check.
Appendix Carry: Check.
Striker Fired Pistol: (I think so?)
Shooting w/ Eyes Closed: Check

Florida man.

I mean my first thought is gunna be how can someone in a sports car hit me aiming backward one handed out a window? Easiest to slow down and get to the back passenger side of his vehicle. Damn hard to shoot someone through your own back glass AND their windshield. Sort of removes the "about to get shot threat" without introducing the "safety glass f'ing everywhere" threat.

·
Banned
904 Posts
That poor passenger wanted nothing to do with the whole episode and now most likely nothing to do with the shooter.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ugh, too many of my fellow Floridians just have no common sense it seems :rolleyes:

Must have been deafening shooting inside a car like that !

I was outside shooting at a friends 'home range' in the woods once. I had finished and removed my hearing protection when my friend suggested I try his new Glock & red dot.
Without really thinking, I picked it up & fired off 3 rnds :( My ears rung for hours after - SOOOOOOOO stupid !!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Ugh, too many of my fellow Floridians just have no common sense it seems :rolleyes:

Must have been deafening shooting inside a car like that !

I was outside shooting at a friends 'home range' in the woods once. I had finished and removed my hearing protection when my friend suggested I try his new Glock & red dot.
Without really thinking, I picked it up & fired off 3 rnds :( My ears rung for hours after - SOOOOOOOO stupid !!
Never were in the service, ?huh. I recollect lying on the line taking turns feeding an M-60, then shooting it. There were 125 M-60’s on the line and we were all doing the same thing. Empties from the gun on your left would bounce off your back when you were the A-gunner. Just one of the reasons I have government-funded hearing aids.

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
I saw on the news not too long ago of a cop chasing a guy on highway and the cop shoot through his windshield.

LOL, cop was discharged for some reason?
I know a case where the officer stopped two murder suspects. When they stopped and he stopped behind them they put their truck in full reverse and rammed him. The next thing he sees through the steam of his vehicle is two individuals with a gun pointed at him. He fired three shots through his windshield and hit one of them in the leg. They fled and he captured both of them. He would have been dead if they had got beside his vehicle.

It can be a fine line between hero or goat. Not saying it is a good idea or practice. But he is alive.

Just for information the bullets he fired came out at some really weird angles.

Reactions: MEW and FastCars

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Tactical Beard: Check.
Full Sleeve Tattoo: Check.
Appendix Carry: Check.
Striker Fired Pistol: (I think so?)
Shooting w/ Eyes Closed: Check

Florida man.

I mean my first thought is gunna be how can someone in a sports car hit me aiming backward one handed out a window? Easiest to slow down and get to the back passenger side of his vehicle. Damn hard to shoot someone through your own back glass AND their windshield. Sort of removes the "about to get shot threat" without introducing the "safety glass f'ing everywhere" threat.
He watched one too many movies :lol:.

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
As of yet none of you noticed his speed displayed in bottom of video?
He was ‘cruising’ at 89-90mph and SPED up to over 100 when he was shooting.
Doesn’t seem like he was trying to avoid anything? Guy goes around you and flashes a gun? SLOW DOWN move over and report him. Done. The video will come back to haunt him and wind up being the key piece of evidence used against him.

·
Premium Member
10,441 Posts
What's with that state?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts