SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. I have obtained a Sig pistol, and it says its a P229 Elite. However, whenever I look at photos on Sig's site or where ever, I cannot find a P229 that looks like this.

Any ideas? Any help would really be appreciated. ETA: The grip is quite thick.

Air gun Black Trigger Line Gun barrel

·
Registered
813 Posts
It’s an older model so you won’t see it on the Sig website. Do you have the original box/stickers?

·
Administrator
40,376 Posts
It's a P229 Elite 9MM :LOL: based on the serial number it was made in 2015-2016. Nothing special about it – other than it is one of SIGs finest classic pistols.

·
Registered
22,688 Posts
Need some help. I have obtained a Sig pistol, and it says its a P229 Elite. However, whenever I look at photos on Sig's site or where ever, I cannot find a P229 that looks like this.

View attachment 416116
The picture you posted is the P229 Classic Carry that was a TALO distributor exclusive.

·
Registered
149 Posts

View attachment 416116
Nice P229 👍🔥🔥🔥 Solid carry piece.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exactly!

And, not sure what OP means by "The grip is quite thick". It's overall slimmer than the typical stock plastic grips.
It just seems, compared to the other handguns I own, that the grip seemed a little thicker than they are.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all of you for your responses. I do have the original boxes, but the sticker was missing off the end. Additionally, do any of you know of any alternative grips for the handgun.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Also check out Hogue aluminum grips.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Those look like G 10’s to me. I have a 229C with the same grips.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
If you want smaller grips than what you already have I think you have only a couple options. The smallest will be Sig Sauers E2 grips.

Houge aluminum grips are small too.

·
Registered
655 Posts
That pistol may use older style mags also. The classic carrys I remember seeing came with 228/229 13 round mags. I don't think the mags for the newer 229s ( 229-1 I think is the proper designation) will fit. Something to think about if your looking to pic up some additional mags.

I am not positive about this though.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Looks just like the one I got a couple days ago. Sig 229 Legacy Carry Elite, Talo Mine was made 40,000 ahead of yours on March 19, 2018. Just a FYI Mine has a four digit serial number.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks again for all your responses. You guys are awesome! At least now I know what I've got!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Those never were on the sig website! I have one of those and it came from cdnn and they remove those identification labels from the box for whatever reason? And they call them 229 classic carry elite custom!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts