SIG Talk banner

I want a Suppressor

4438 16
For my MPX,, I hear some have blow back and some don't, I already know I'm going with a 45 cal can so I can use on others,,, So what are you guys running and any suggestions.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
I also have the 8" MPX barrel, and using 45 cal cans (currently using the GemTech GM-45 suppressor). Very pleased firing the 124 grain American Eagle subsonic, as well as WWB 115 grain. I have a Sig SRD45 suppressor still waiting for tax stamp.

Attachments

Registered
Ok. I thought you were supposed to use the fixed mounts with the MPX. My dad is always yelling at me to make sure I don't use the spring on his Gemtech Tundra when shooting his MPX or 9mm AR and making sure I put the spring back in when switching to handguns.

Registered
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Assault rifle
Everyday carry

Everyday carry Material property

Nsane, I considered going with 9mm cans. But after some forum discussions on baffle strikes, the hassle (and $) associated with repairing suppressors, and the overall investment (time & $), I thought the .45 cal can lowered the risk for a "suppressor-newbee". I am shooting just for the joy of being suppressed and love the .45 can effectiveness.

Here are two photos: 1) both GemTech .45 and 300 BLK, and 2) close up of the GM-45 can.

馃帠USAF Retired
Ok. I thought you were supposed to use the fixed mounts with the MPX. My dad is always yelling at me to make sure I don't use the spring on his Gemtech Tundra when shooting his MPX or 9mm AR and making sure I put the spring back in when switching to handguns.
I'm still learning, but the I know that Browning actions require a piston/LID. Rifles are fine with a fixed mount. My MPX works great with the LID. I could spend $75 for a fixed mount to go with the 13.1 LH, but if it ain't broke...

Registered
I think it's going to hurt in the long run.

From Gemtech's website:

L.I.D. is an acronym for Gemtech's Linear Inertial Decoupler. Many suppressor manufacturers offer a similar device marketed under different names. They are also sometimes referred to as a Nielsen device. This is a bit of a misnomer as the LID operates differently than a true Nielsen device.

The LID is used on handguns with a Browning-type action (Glock, HK, Sig, etc.) where the barrel must tip to unlock from the slide an cycle. These types of pistols are sensitive to additional weight on the end of the barrel (such as a suppressor) and must lift this additional weight to unlock the slide. The LID allows the weight of the suppressor to temporarily jump off the end of the barrel while the barrel unlocks, and then provides a small recoil impulse to assist the gun in cycling and loading the next round.

Additional info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_device#Modern_Applications

If you are suppressing a Glock, HK*, S&W M&P, Sig, or Springfield XD handgun you will need an LID in your suppressor. Depending on the size and weight of the suppressor you may also need an LID for use on the Beretta M9/92FS. For other applications please contact Gemtech and we will let you know if you need the LID or not.

LID's should not be used for pistols with a fixed barrel such as the *HK P7, or on carbines with fixed barrels. This can damage the LID and suppressor.

---
The MPX is a fixed barrel, isn't it?

I would call Gemtech and ask them about the MPX with your suppressor. My dad's Tundra came with the spring and a fixed spacer. When he chopped his MPX barrel he had it redone in 1/2 x 28.

馃帠USAF Retired
I think it's going to hurt in the long run.

From Gemtech's website:

L.I.D. is an acronym for Gemtech's Linear Inertial Decoupler. Many suppressor manufacturers offer a similar device marketed under different names. They are also sometimes referred to as a Nielsen device. This is a bit of a misnomer as the LID operates differently than a true Nielsen device.

The LID is used on handguns with a Browning-type action (Glock, HK, Sig, etc.) where the barrel must tip to unlock from the slide an cycle. These types of pistols are sensitive to additional weight on the end of the barrel (such as a suppressor) and must lift this additional weight to unlock the slide. The LID allows the weight of the suppressor to temporarily jump off the end of the barrel while the barrel unlocks, and then provides a small recoil impulse to assist the gun in cycling and loading the next round.

Additional info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_device#Modern_Applications

If you are suppressing a Glock, HK*, S&W M&P, Sig, or Springfield XD handgun you will need an LID in your suppressor. Depending on the size and weight of the suppressor you may also need an LID for use on the Beretta M9/92FS. For other applications please contact Gemtech and we will let you know if you need the LID or not.

LID's should not be used for pistols with a fixed barrel such as the *HK P7, or on carbines with fixed barrels. This can damage the LID and suppressor.

---
The MPX is a fixed barrel, isn't it?

I would call Gemtech and ask them about the MPX with your suppressor. My dad's Tundra came with the spring and a fixed spacer. When he chopped his MPX barrel he had it redone in 1/2 x 28.
Thanks for the research. I guess I'll get a 13.1 LH fixed adapter. Range report to follow!

Registered
For what its worth I would suggest a SilencerCo Hybrid.

https://silencerco.com/silencers/hybrid/

CALIBER
PISTOL
9MM TO .45 ACP
RIFLE
5.56MM TO .45 鈥 70 GOV

MUZZLE AVERAGE
9MM: 125.7 DB
.45 ACP: 130.8 DB
5.56MM: 130.4 DB
7.62MM: 136.4 DB
.458 SOCOM: 138.3 DB
.45-70 GOV: 140.6 DB
.300 BLK: 123.7 DB

WEIGHT
17.3 OZ

LENGTH
7.80"

DIAMETER
1.57"
I don't have a MPX, but I use the Hybrid on a 300blk MCX and 9mm pistols. Its insane how quite this thing is. Even at indoor ranges people come up and ask me ... 'what the [email protected]#$ are you shooting? The only way I know you were shooting was from the smoke.'

For me this was a one time purchase. I don't have the means by buy multiple suppressors. Its not cheap, but worth every penny. The Hybrid will cover all my current and future toys.

I paid less then the MSRP at a local Dealer here in Denver.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.