SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I regret not getting the Scorpion AXG p320. Is anything like it coming out soon? The classic has a different trigger and less pleasant recoil spring. I guess I should just buy one used but I like having a warranty.

·
Registered
23,802 Posts
The recoil springs should be identical as they are both Compact 9mm slides.
I have the "Classic".
I don't know of anything like it coming out. There is the AXG Equinox.
All Scorpions have been discontinued.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
I regret not getting the Scorpion AXG p320. Is anything like it coming out soon? The classic has a different trigger and less pleasant recoil spring. I guess I should just buy one used but I like having a warranty.
I bought one here LNIB, from a member, by posting a Wanted ad in Classifieds. The gun is everything everyone says. (The better recoil spring assy. is available from Sig if you get the classic).

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
The recoil springs should be identical as they are both Compact 9mm slides.
I have the "Classic".
I don't know of anything like it coming out. There is the AXG Equinox.
All Scorpions have been discontinued.
There are two RSA’s. THIS THREAD explains the differences and has pictures.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Used ones can be found in good to excellent shape. In my experience, even if you purchase used, if you're a customer in good standing with Sig they will usually help you out with warranty repairs. You may need to pay for shipping or other minor fees, but it will almost certainly be MUCH cheaper than the upcharge on a brand new gun that has been discontinued.

Classic cost vs benefit analysis - unless one values the "new" owner feeling or are a collector or investor, I have found it's not worth the premium to chase new for a limited production, discontinued Sig.

·
Registered
23,802 Posts
There are two RSA’s. THIS THREAD explains the differences and has pictures.
Please forgive my horrible mistake!!! :eek:
I forgot about a production run change in the RSA design!! Oh, how can I LIVE with myself?!?!?!? 😖
I can't imagine what the perceived problem is with the newer RSA. There isn't a thing wrong with my recoil spring that came in mine. It runs smoothly and many people seem to be happy with it.
BE CAREFUL! There is actually a third design available for the Compact!
BUT, that has nothing to do with my horrifying mistake. A 🐵 pox upon me! My wife's two mini strokes this past week are nothing compared to the punishment that surely awaits me!
The springs are interchangeable, so, that point of my argument is still accurate. But you are correct. I am a failure.
God forgive me for my sins and save my soul from what lies before me.

I FREAKING LOVE shooting my AXG Classic. That is the only P320 own. With additional slides and caliber options now.

By the way, they are completely interchangeable, so if you don't like what ships with the particular gun that you receive, you can get what you want. You aren't stuck with what ships with the gun. And they aren't that expensive.

·
Registered
23,802 Posts
Sig AXG’s are still out there, but are getting scarce. Yes, they are everything as billed! Sig changed the RSA in midstream with the AXG pistols. I have both versions of the RSA’s, and I really don’t see much of a difference. Maybe I’m just lucky! 😎
I don't either. I love the Classic. It has threatened my commitment to DA/SA SIGs because it is such a joy to shoot. OMG! Somebody on the Interweb thinks that when he racks the slide, it just doesn't feel like quality. What is that?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I don't either. I love the Classic. It has threatened my commitment to DA/SA SIGs because it is such a joy to shoot. OMG! Somebody on the Interweb thinks that when he racks the slide, it just doesn't feel like quality. What is that?
Right on!
I love the P series Classic Sigs, but, with the AXG’s, Sig hit a home run!

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you missed out on the axg scorpion, you can still build one pretty much identical except the custom works logo on the slide, and you don’t get a coin.

The axg scorpion uses the legion fcu which is the same custom works fcu they sell individually. All other parts can be found on sigs website including the newer rsa.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I saw one last night in the case at Bass Pro Shop in Pearl, MS.
I got mine from Bass Pro here in Atlanta a few months past a AXP Scorpion RXP saw in case after I went there looking for a sharping stone. It was a little high priced a $1300.00 but couldn’t leave it there. Has custom works engraved on slide, has coin and super nice hard case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got mine from Bass Pro here in Atlanta a few months past a AXP Scorpion RXP saw in case after I went there looking for a sharping stone. It was a little high priced a $1300.00 but couldn’t leave it there. Has custom works engraved on slide, has coin and super nice hard case.
There’s one brand new on guns.com right now for 1549,00 just got one last week on the same website excellent condition used for 1049,00

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
GBA,
I can understand. I am a long time Sig DA/SA guy but the P320 platform has grown on me . I shoot my P320 X5 and AXG scorpion almost more often than my P226/P220’s . And I have not fired my P320 AXG classic yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts