SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any feedback on I.O. Interordnance? I understand they're turning out decent ak's. I'm interested in their AR, the m215 tr.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Whoever told you IO was making decent AK's might be smoking something. But, since you are inquiring about the AR I guess the quality of their AK's isn't really relevant here.

Not sure what price you're looking at for the AR but unless it's below $500 you likely might have better options from more trusted companies.

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read a write up about them "turning things around". I'm aware of how write-ups go sometimes.

The low cost is what piqued my interest as I believe that without the "fear factor" driving the market, slowing sales down, the sub 1k market is putting out better stuff. Recently picked up a couple radical arms ar's and I've been pleasantly pleased thus far. I'm wondering about I.O.

·
Registered
481 Posts
My guess would be that the IO AR would be pretty much on par with the Radical Firearms stuff. Just a guess though. Now is definitely time to buy as prices have come way down due to demand, over supply, and the current political climate. I've seen rifles from Bushmaster, Del-ton, Ruger, and Palmetto State Armory for right around $500. While I'm not an AR snob, I am a sucker for things like chrome lined barrels, high pressure tested parts, and magnetic particle inspections so most of my "low end" stuff is from Spikes Tactical and Bravo Company.

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a performance snob. It appears technology and manufacturing has colluded to edge in on the pie of spikes and their like.

Researching our last project (around election time) to get more up to date on the 4-11 it seems technology has been evilutioning: chrome lined has been replaced by cheaper and better nitride and I found that everybody on etsy has jumped on the MPI gig -Brownells regularly has mag particle inspected bcg's at $100ish and less. Heck, fluted barrels appear to be more hype than performance gain.

Talking with a local smith I asked why should I spend $200+ on a particular bcg over one on sale at Brownells- his answer was essentially "because you want to".
Good times indeed. :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Bwahahaha. I.O. making decent AK's! I'd rather buy a Hi Point for self defense. Hahaha XD

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^Hi Point? That ultra reliable, bomb proof, cheap, boollit shooting brick? Has hipoint ever gotten a bad performance review? ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts