SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a classic .22 sig p229r I just purchased the center fire x change kit for it to become a 9mm and it doesn't fit the slide for the 9mm is significant ly shorter the xhange kit is also a elite not sure if that matters

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Welcome to Sig Talk, and call Sig CS 'bout your kit .. Sounds like you have the wrong kit for your pistol...

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I bought it off ebay but its definitely a sig p229 9mm centerfire x change kit and what I have is a sig sauer classic .22 so I was almost certain it would work from what I've read up on sigs website the slide clearly says p229 and such so I'm just puzzled. Thanks

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
There is a kit that is specific to 228s and non-railed 229s. Is it possible you purchased a non-railed kit for your P229R?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That could be a possibility how do I check the kit to see if it's for a railed or not railed. Thanks once again every little bit helps

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
That could be a possibility how do I check the kit to see if it's for a railed or not railed. Thanks once again every little bit helps
Sorry, nevermind. I thought you were converting a 9mm to 22LR, not the other way around.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay that's alright I'm just puzzled I have a classic .22 and bought a brand new center fire x change kit for a p229 9mm and the slide is just about a half inch shorter than my classic .22 so it won't fit on my p229 frame

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Welcome to Sig Talk, and call Sig CS 'bout your kit .. Sounds like you have the wrong kit for your pistol...

Cheers
I'll second that they will be able to talk serial #'s with you to get it straight
and the chance that someone will be along soon with an answer is pretty good.

welcome aboard by the way

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yes the P229 slide for all except the 22 are going to be shorter. The P229 .22 slide is about as long as the P226 slides. The length should not be a problem. Now there are differences in the older frames that have a width difference, the issue would be with the width of the slide in that case.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Well, it seems as if the uppers are different depending on what frame you've got. I think you wanted this one:
Sig Sauer P229 9mm Caliber Exchange Kit 15rd

It's compatible with:
P229 with Exeter, NH frame chambered in 9mm (that came with a 15rd magazine from the factory)
P229 with Exeter, NH frame chambered in .40 S&W or .357 Sig
P229 Classic chambered in .22 LR
P229 with German frame chambered in 9mm
This kit will not work on:
P229 with German frame chambered in .40 S&W or .357 Sig
P229 with German frame chambered in 9mm with 13rd magazines
P229 with Exeter, NH frame chambered in 9mm with 13rd magazines

But I think you got this one:
Sig Sauer P229 9mm Elite Legacy Caliber Exchange Kit
Sig Sauer P229 9mm Elite Legacy Caliber Exchange Kit.

This kit is for 229s with German frames and is not compatible with Exeter, NH frames.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately DBS I think your correct... my classic .22 frame say made in Germany but also has Exeter, NH stamp on it.. what a bummer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts