SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, since Underwood went with 20-round boxes, their prices sort of suck.
After all those years wanting a 10mm, I finally have some and the best brand for 10mm gets greedy. :(

"Yes', I'm whining and 'no', I have do not want to get into reloading.

I want another supplier of full-power 10mm JHP and FMJ loads in reasonably-priced 50-round boxes.

I'm bummed.

Reactions: 01Foreman400

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buffalo bore offers a couple. But they are more expensive. They don't offer the many options in loads and bullet types as Underwood.

For target practice the SIG Sauer 180 gr FMJ is within 50fps of the same load from Underwood and is very accurate.

Reactions: kansascity45

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Reactions: Mills

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Once you dip into 10mm, I sorta think handloading is a must.

It's just one of those calibers.

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very helpful.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
10mm isn't cheap, sorry to say.

It is what it is.

But I'm pretty sure you knew that but chose to ignore the fact when you sooo wanted those niiice, shineeey SIGs :lol:

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
I've enjoyed shooting SIG's 10mm ammo offerings, and as you mention they're within 50fps of those pricy Underwoods. So, relax, save your nickels and smile - while running SIG's bright shinny 10mms!!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
36,792 Posts
My local range sells PPU somewhat reasonable.
Not as fun as Underwood, but does shoot well. 50 target round box.

Reloading is the best way and will cut costs by 50% if one is already reloading.
Power Pistol does 10mm great.
I use Extreme plated bullets, and found on 10mm that I needed double plated concave base.

Here

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/10mm-auto-ammo-c-60.aspx

Target does free shipping by the case.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I've enjoyed shooting SIG's 10mm ammo offerings, and as you mention they're within 50fps of those pricy Underwoods. So, relax, save your nickels and smile - while running SIG's bright shinny 10mms!!

Cheers
I loaded up a few years back. Not full-power though.

I'm thinking of reloading. I use Double Tap and Buffalo bore, but just range stuff is whatever is cheapest.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Power Pistol does 10mm great.
Interesting.

I was under the impression that Alliant Power Pistol was great for .380 ACP to .357 SIG, and Hodgdon Longshot or IMR 800-X covered .357 SIG to 10mm and some of the lighter Magnum loads.

A generalization, of course.

·
Premium Member
22,754 Posts
They didn't name it Power Pistol for nothing.
I have loaded 45acp with great results.
The down side is if you do not like flash-boom , don't use it.

·
Premium Member
36,792 Posts
They didn't name it Power Pistol for nothing.
I have loaded 45acp with great results.
The down side is if you do not like flash-boom , don't use it.
I happen to love that flash boom.
Man when switching from shooting 800x or Red dot to Power Pistol there is a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
36,792 Posts
Interesting.

I was under the impression that Alliant Power Pistol was great for .380 ACP to .357 SIG, and Hodgdon Longshot or IMR 800-X covered .357 SIG to 10mm and some of the lighter Magnum loads.

A generalization, of course.
I tried a lot of powders during the shortage.
I settled on Tite Group and Power Pistol on quality and because they covered everything I shoot.
PP is very versatile and well named.

Alliant Powder - Reloader's Guide

·
Premium Member
36,792 Posts
Does anyone load their ammo as hot as Underwood, 180 gr at 1300 fps? S&B 180 gr runs about 1169 fps, Remington UMC 180 gr about 1150 fps. Hornady Custom XTP 180 gr at 1190 fps.
I don't know, but think Power Pistol on the max edge would be a lot like Underwood.
Right now I only use it for 45acp and it makes a powerful round with a lot of flash-bang, just at the mid grain count.
It's range is 6 to 7.1 and I do around 6.6 for a fun shoot.

10mm says 7.8 to 8.7 and one chart I have says maximum is 10 grains.

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't know, but think Power Pistol on the max edge would be a lot like Underwood.
Right now I only use it for 45acp and it makes a powerful round with a lot of flash-bang, just at the mid grain count.
It's range is 6 to 7.1 and I do around 6.6 for a fun shoot.

10mm says 7.8 to 8.7 and one chart I have says maximum is 10 grains.
I tell you what, I'll make up a list of bullets I want loaded up and how many of each and you can make them for me. :lol:

Reactions: dwg13013
1 - 17 of 17 Posts