SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a P320,,, It has a 3.6 inch barrel and a grip frame that holds 15 round magazines, it also has an under-rail. The box has the same serial number and says it's an X-Carry. I like it, it turned out better than I thought. The shorter slide and compact grip make a sort of a Sub-Compact Carry. The grip fits the length of the slide and looks like it was molded this length. I guess I could add an X-Carry slide and have the best of both worlds. I can't make my photos transfer..

·
Premium Member
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
After a little more research, I agree. It's in the X-Carry case and has the X-Carry serial number on it though, but it has a sub-compact slide. Is it a Sub-Compact X-Carry? I guess it's not special, just an X-Compact on an original X-Carry FCU...

Whatever it is, I think it's pretty unique..

·
Registered
830 Posts
Serial numbers are not unique to the line, not are the consecutive. It's a standard X Compact. the label is incorrect. The data was entered incorrectly.

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
AFAIC, lots of 320s are frankensigs. Mine began service as a compact (actually a Carry before Sig changed the names). It now wears and Xcompact grip and compact RX slide. I also have a subcompact and full-size kit for it.

At least you have the original box to match the fcu. The rest are just parts. Good score! Now find some ammo and shoot the snot out of it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very nice and congrats!!! Let us know how she shoots.

Reactions: Superzuki

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
:thumbsu:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Allmost all my Sigs are Frankensauers. I bought a regular X-Compact and X-Compact RXP. Then I bought stainless steel PRO slide (3.6") and black PRO slide (4.7"). Using parts from original pistols and a lot of newly purchased parts, I've assembled a full size pistol, I've added manual safety to my X-Compact RXP (with stainless slide).

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,041 Posts
Congrats.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Serial numbers are not unique to the line, not are the consecutive. It's a standard X Compact. the label is incorrect. The data was entered incorrectly.
Great score, Superzuki.

IF, as far as RDS40's assertion that Sig Sauer is in the habit of entering data incorrectly, should that be the case, we're ALL in a world of trouble when it comes to tracking our pistols! ;)

Sometimes we just walk in and come across these deals - I found and purchased a used 1990 Sig P226 which had the original slide and frame but a Barsto semi-fitted barrel at a LGS in November 2019 for $400 with (7) sig-branded magazines...regardless of whether it was a "Frankensauer" or not, I got a great deal! The previous owner (a out-of-work security guard) sold it because 'it didn't work right' - after I spent just 30 minutes with a fine stone, it now functions flawlessly.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
At 3.6" you definitely do not have a X-Carry which has a 3.9" Barrel / Slide.
The X-Compact accepts 15, 17 & 21 Round Magazines
The X-Carry accepts 17 & 21 Round Magazines.

The X-Compact Grip sits flush with a 3.6" Slide / Barrel and has a Smooth side by the Beavertail..
The X-Carry Grip sits Flush with a 3.9" Slide / Barrel and has a Raised side area by the Beavertail.
Also the Sub-Compact does not have an Optic Plate with the rear Iron Sight attached.
See area's circled in Red...

A X-Compact 20200926_131109[1].jpg

Handgun Hero:

X-Compact vs X-Carry:

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p320-x-carry-vs-sig-sauer-p320-xcompact

X-Compact vs Sub-Compact:

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p320-nitron-subcompact-vs-sig-sauer-p320-xcompact

X-Carry Slide on X-Compact Grip Module

Congrats on your new P320 X-Compact..

·
Registered
210 Posts
After a little more research, I agree. It's in the X-Carry case and has the X-Carry serial number on it though, but it has a sub-compact slide. Is it a Sub-Compact X-Carry? I guess it's not special, just an X-Compact on an original X-Carry FCU...

Whatever it is, I think it's pretty unique..
X-Compact has the same slide and barrel as the Sub-Compact. The standard Compact shares the slide and barrel with the Carry series.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Superzuki Is this a supposed new p320 or used , just new to you as There is NO difference in a X carry and X compact trigger group ether .

If new this just shows sig's lack of QC with the products to let this pistol out the door . If new to you aka used then parts were swapped and you did not pay attention to what you bought regardless .

·
Premium Member
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
This is used, but well treated. I don't think this was shipped this way, It was an X-Carry but someone changed the grip frame and slide. This is not my first P320. I've had aP320C in 40, which I also got a 357 Sig barrel for, an X-Carry and an X5, (pre Legion) One day I decided I wanted all metal guns and sold off of 3 G19's, a G20, 2 G21's, a 2 G30's and G30s, and a G45, and the 3 P320's.
When I saw this with the slide already for an RDS, I decided I really did like Sig's P320.
Considering the cost, I think it's a better deal to get another pistol than just the parts to swap the FCU into.

It wasn't registered, so now I'm the original owner,,,

1 - 20 of 25 Posts