SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I just bought a P220 for $425.00! She's a little beat up, but my plan is to send her back to Sig Arms and have the springs replaced and checked over by them and then I plan to Dura coat the old girl. This is a West German P220 so I'm not sure if I'll stay with the Sig black or maybe go crazy and go with a Coyote Tan.

I just ordered it today and when I get her I'll post some pics!!

I couldn't pass it up for $425.00, I bid lower than the tag price and they took the deal!
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,678 Posts
Congratulations! In case you are not aware that is pre-'94 in the fact it is "pre-rebounding" Hammer. This is identifiable by the pointed spur Hammer. If you plan on updating it, then I would recommend making that decision before sending it back to Sig.

Conversion to a rebounding Hammer, requires the following parts:
Hammer
Hammer Strut
Mainspring
Mainspring Seat
Hammer Stop
Hammer Stop Pin
Hammer Reset Spring

The Strut assembly currently installed is a "pinned" assembly, and can be updated to a smoother E2 style with a plastic seat.

You, could even ask Sig about doing the conversion for you, since they would be all OEM parts!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,678 Posts
I think I'll just get it refurbed by Sig. I don't think I want to Dura Coat this one!
Just check it over good, when you receive it. Sig can refinish the Slide, and depending on the frame itself, minor spots can be touched up by Birchwood Casey's Aluminum Black.

The "BONES" stamping/engraving on the left side of the dust cover, will require closer examination though, before making a decision as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts