SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

馃帠USAF Veteran
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yeah right, I know what I want and just have to save a whole bunch of pretty pennies to get it. I must stay strong and not give in to the temptations that come and go as I am working toward my goal. I'll probably fail as I suck at saying no to something I want, but probably just don't need.

I now all too well how my one gun collection turned into a dozen and still growing... Ok, I know many here are going to be calling me a rookie or amateur as it relates to gun collecting, but I just can't compete with the serious collector here.

Anyone who wants to help me get my Nighthawk can contribute to my personnel go fund me page, I will be collecting as many "Likes" as I need to buy this firearm, so send me as many likes as you can spare and I'll keep saving bucks to put toward that Nighthawk purchase.

Edit: Just kidding about the Go Fund Me Page, but likes are welcome.

Premium Member
Just save for the gun you want and stay focused on that particular one..

My issue has been for the last several months is there hasn't been a gun that I absolutely "must have want"... I'll get the itch to buy something, start looking and nothing appeals to me..

Registered
FYI it doesn't matter what anyone else's collection is or their purpose just yours and yours alone.

I have only 1/10 of the shotguns a guy I know has but a couple are priceless and unattainable other than to my two daughters. All of his have a value and are for sale

I have a few nail driving rifles that just plain shoot. He buys rifles cause he didn't have that caliber

He is the type of guy that doesn't really know guns but just buys them to have them. He may have 2-300 I have 1/4 that but I can break down mine to the simplest parts and clean, assemble and shoot them. I can talk scopes, rifles,bullets and flight all day long, he can talk which one cost him the most.

See the difference, who is correct? Neither. He wants volume and I want usefulness. I spend time at my bench and he spends time at the bar. To each their own.

Registered
Stainless: Either the T 3 or if I can swing it Bob Marvel
Ok now sevy . . . I don't want to hear that. Stay the course!!! You want the Marvel and dadgummit, that's what you're gettin. You won't be happy with anything else, guaranteed!!!
Don't make me, don't make me show you my pics again! Oh well, what the heck . . .

Look good if I do say so my own self :cool: . . .

Premium Member
Good luck in your pursuit. Not my cuppa but to each their own.

Registered
I like the looks of this one.

Great, now I have the Jonses
That's Birdy's on the 1911 forum (sub NH) with custom Challis grips: Honduran rosewood :cool:. Had talked to Challis about about something, but a pretty good wait and $$$. But, since my pics, I did send my s.s. back to NH for the gold bead front sight and a target rear. Mine now looks like Birdy's since he did his sights. He also changed the grips to these. . .

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.