SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older W. German Sig P220 with all original matching serial numbers on the parts in very good condition. I am thinking about getting a replacement barrel and using that barrel for range duty in this firearm.

Sig offers two barrels, that are not threaded. One is just a regular P220 barrel and the other is listed as a Chrome/Phosphate barrel. What is or are the difference(s) between the two and how do you justify getting one over the other?

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,622 Posts
The Chrome/phosphate is a chrome lined bore and chamber, and a phosphate outer finish instead of bluing, for a "military type" model like the P220 Combat, no doubt. The chrome lined barrel is more durable, but normally a little less accurate. The other offering is a standard barrel with a Nitron finish, not a lot different than your original.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Chrome/phosphate is a chrome lined bore and chamber, and a phosphate outer finish instead of bluing, for a "military type" model like the P220 Combat, no doubt. The chrome lined barrel is more durable, but normally a little less accurate. The other offering is a standard barrel with a Nitron finish, not a lot different than your original.
Thanks! I'll probably just order a standard replacement barrel and see if it will work for my application.

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
... The chrome lined barrel ...but normally a little less accurate. ....
That is debatable with respect to rifles and irrelevant to combat pistols.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts