SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new shotgun and just spent a boat load of money on other things, so I've decided to choose between my two most beloved concealed carry pistols as they overlap so much in their use. The LTT trigger on the Beretta is just so much lighter than the SIG in both DA and SA, it's reset is also possibly a hair shorter, the gun is 6-7 ounces lighter, and it holds 20 rounds...

Wood Auto part Gun barrel Gun accessory Font

but the P229 is simply the best pistol in existence. Sorry Beretta.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
A situation where it's a toss up, my advice to the rest of us is don't let yourself be faced with such a decision, like trying to decide which child will be up for adoption.🙁

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sig good, Beretta? eh ... You did good.

Locke

Reactions: Sheepdogged

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
The Storms nice, I prefer my lighter sig but do keep one as a da/sa option for cc , so depending on how many guns ya got it was a wise move

Reactions: Sheepdogged

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
You made the right choice. Not too hard to lighten up the P229 trigger a bit with an easy mainspring swap, if desired.

Personally, I've always thought the Storm was butt-ugly.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Sig good, Beretta? eh ... You did good.
Locke
LTT parts, service and models are like a Sig after a visit to Robert Burke, I am a Sig lover but I will add my Wilson or LTT Beretta's as equals or better.

Reactions: DarSig

·
Registered
280 Posts
I need a new shotgun and just spent a boat load of money on other things, so I've decided to choose between my two most beloved concealed carry pistols as they overlap so much in their use. The LTT trigger on the Beretta is just so much lighter than the SIG in both DA and SA, it's reset is also possibly a hair shorter, the gun is 6-7 ounces lighter, and it holds 20 rounds...

View attachment 383497

I carry a Storm too, but for slightly different reasons. I look at it all from an investment standpoint. My Sigs and CZ's are expensive, well tuned, and customized.
They carry a certain intrinsic value. My Storm, while in prefect condition, I could maybe get $450.00 for it on the open market. The point is, what do I care if it's gets scuffed up, holster
wear or a bit more "used"?. But its still a great gun, light and very accurate. Is it my favorite? Far from it, but a great gun to pack around.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Beretta is a fully functional pistol but the SIG is a work of art. Too many dumb warning labels stamped onto the Storm combined with the goofy back end makes it less desirable IMO.
I think the Beretta is also a work of art. It really is (perhaps even more so as it's more stylish), and in some ways, the PX4 Storm Compact is more advanced than the P229 in its design (it's even more advanced than the full-size PX4 Storm or the Beretta 92), but the SIG is slightly better quality in my opinion (primarily because of the aluminum frame). In fact, if the Beretta PX4 Storm was all metal, it would be as good or better than the P229. I know the Beretta/Stoeger Cougar is the all metal predecessor, but it is different enough ergonomically in my opinion that I don't want to use it as an example. Anyway, the Beretta PX4 Storm's DA pull, in my samples anyway, although not quite as smooth as the P229 (but almost), is slightly better (i.e. more accurate). If I had trigger work on my SIG it might be better, I don't know. But if I was to rate them on a scale of 1-10, I'd say the SIG is a 9.7 and the Beretta is a 9.4. It's that close for me. Both have their advantages. In fact, I prefer my Langdonized Beretta over any other SIG pistol (other than the P226 anyway). I certainly don't consider SIG's striker-fired offerings in the same league as the Beretta PX4 Storm Compact (just my opinion).

·
Registered
280 Posts
Better question is which gun is easier to find again after the panic?
see
Good point, but I'd say any common gun like the Storm. Cheap'er yet decent guns have always been easy to find in a market flooded with them. Glocks for example are everywhere. I thought my girlfriends Glock (.45 cal) she wanted to sell was worth a lot. Nope, very common and cheap to be honest. What exacerbates the issue is for example In Texas it's legal to sell to an individual without a background check. Just meet them in a parking lot and sell your gun. Nice "freedom" to have, but I think it drives prices down and floods the market with common make/model guns. If we can freely exchange, there's no real control over prices. Take a Beretta 92. GREAT gun, but you can buy one for as low as $350.00 from "some guy". The point is, in a completely open market with no background checks, common guns are free flowing and readily available in volume regardless of what going on with the country or economy.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I carry a Storm too, but for slightly different reasons. I look at it all from an investment standpoint. My Sigs and CZ's are expensive, well tuned, and customized.
They carry a certain intrinsic value. My Storm, while in prefect condition, I could maybe get $450.00 for it on the open market. The point is, what do I care if it's gets scuffed up, holster
wear or a bit more "used"?. But its still a great gun, light and very accurate. Is it my favorite? Far from it, but a great gun to pack around.
Let me just clarify, my Storm has virtually all of the LTT upgrades. The difference between a stock PX4 Storm and an LTT is night and day. A stock PX4 Storm isn't in the same league as the P229. Like you said, they can be had for $450-$550, but my LTT version as configured is $918 shipped (or twice as expensive). The LTT version of the PX4 Storm absolutely is in the same league and, in some ways, surpasses it. And if Beretta made a PX4 Storm Compact with a 1/2 inch longer barrel/slide and an aluminum frame with more aggressive grip texturing (and no, I'm not talking about the Beretta/Stoeger Cougar)—and if they had as many accessories for it (i.e. sights & extra barrels)—I would hands down choose the Beretta. It would still be close, and the Beretta/LTT combination is already amazing, but if they added these improvements it would beat a Legion P229 in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Better question is which gun is easier to find again after the panic?
Certainly the PX4 Storm would be easier to reacquire from a cost perspective. I have exactly $1,666.18 invested in my P229 not including things I bought and ended up changing out, and I bought it new for $699 (I have three barrels for it in addition to other upgrades and magazines). I could more easily afford the rebuild and equip another PX4 Storm, but the one I had still cost me $918.00 after getting all the upgrades (so it's nothing to sneeze at).

·
Registered
16,165 Posts

View attachment 383497

I WOULD Not GIVE You two cents for 1000 Beretta P X 4 Storm Pistols Regardless of what was done to them. I purchased one in 2016and It BROKE Before Iput 60 rounds thru it. Sent it back, They kept it six weeks then returned it saying nothing was wrong. It Is STILL BROKE.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts