SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to chime in on a ammo I found that seems to give me a unfair advantage in competition shooting.:D Really the accuracy and recoil pulse is yielding a advantage for me. I also teach my CCW class with this now. The accuracy is probably the best I have found but also the recoil is so reduced it feels like a 380 in my P226/229. Sasquatch has a 147gr Subsonic round that is actually more affordable than my other range fodder. I have been teaching my CCW class to beginners with a host of different handguns for them to try out. From a P938, G19, P229, P229, P320, etcc. The 147 Subsonic has functioned flawlessly even with some of their less than perfect shooting forms. I am shooting one ragged hole and my rapid fire went from good to full auto sounding. I get it by the case for less than $180 with brass cases. I see they also sell it by the box. Its sold by our forum sponsor Massammo.com

Here is the link:
https://massammo.com/silent-sasquatch-ammunition-9mm-147gr-subsonic-1000rd-case.html

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I agree but for competition shooting and finding the most accurate round with the least amount of recoil, you cant go wrong. Now if you have a suppressor, this stuff is a dream round. :D

Sounds interesting to try but my personal thoughts are to always train with a target ammo that as closely as possible mimics your SD ammo ballistics

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,000 Posts
Mystro, I agree in general concerning 147 grain 9mm. I believe it's the longer bearing surface of the projectile that causes the accuracy. But then again it does depend somewhat on the rifling twist rate.

The real intent here, is to learn of the rear sight your P229 is sporting. It appears to be adjustable? It doesn't appear to be like any brand I am aware of.

Thanks, and please excuse the interruption.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Thanks for posting, I will def have to check it out. Along the lines of PhillySoldier's comment, anyone want to suggest/recommend a 147gr hollowpoint which might be close to the shooting dynamics of this round?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Try 147hp HST. It's the gold standard. I think massammo has it in stock in LE boxes of 50.

FYI. I was shooting a lot of guns that day and many were my Sigs. When I took the target down for the pic I grabbed my P229 40 instead of my P229 9mm for the pic. I noticed the error when I down loaded the pics. :p Same gun different caliber. All the cleaning is worth it for a fun day.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
For CCW marksmanship qualification in P229 9mm is the Sasquatch in 147gr still the recommended lowest recoil highest accuracy round?

https://www.massammo.com/product/si...ic-new-brass-50-round-box-flat-rate-shipping/

For CCW marksmanship qualification in P229 9mm how does the Sasquatch in 124 gr compare?

https://www.massammo.com/product/sasquatch-ammunition-9mm-124gr-50-round-box-flat-rate-shipping/

Yes, it is excellent stuff if you can find it. I taught with it for years as it uses quality brass and quality jacketed bullets. Accuracy and function is great. The ammo market dried up the last 3 years and the quality training ammo was the first on the chopping blocks. I fear that when it’s gone, it’s gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.