SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a picture of a set of sights on an old Brian Enos forum thread. It was a Dawson thin fiber optic front and a Heine rear figure eight with the tritium replaced with a red fiber optic tube. The set was on a Sig P226 Elite. Exactly what I'm looking for. No luck finding a figure eight fiber optic set online. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Can't think of a rear sight with a single fiber optic rod.

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
I would think a fiber optic in a Heine rear Straight 8 sight would be counter productive. For the fiber optic to work, the tube needs to be exposed to light, removing a tritium vial from a Straight 8 sight would not allow this.

Have you considered contacting Dave Dawson directly? He has custom made some sights to my specifications, he may be able to fabricate precisely what you want.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes. A Plain Heine would have to be drilled and troughed. It's a good idea to contact Mr. Dawson .

Just called Dawson Precision. They only customize heights and widths. I've got a local machinist that does prototype motorcycle and automotive parts. I may approach him to see if he might modify an existing sight for me. He cut back and threaded a S&W model 41 barrel for me. His skills are superb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts