SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave Sig customer service this afternoon to follow up the Thermal case for my P229 Legion. It has been a little more than a month since I registered the pistol and received the order detail. They said there are many Legion coins available but no cases, hopefully these will arrive the coming week according to them. I took the opportunity to ask when my Legion was manufactured. My Legion is still a baby, it was made December 2016.

Registered
Well on the bright side you are not missing much, the thermal molded case is kind of worthless, expectantly without a handle. Mine are piled it a back room somewhere.
Agreed, pretty much worthless. Flimsy, bulky, limited support/protection and no handle. Mine sits on a shelf in the basement...taking up room.
You'll see when if finally makes it to you. No need to get to excited without it. You will just need to find a place to put it, so it's not in the way.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agreed, pretty much worthless. Flimsy, bulky, limited support/protection and no handle. Mine sits on a shelf in the basement...taking up room.
You'll see when if finally makes it to you. No need to get to excited without it. You will just need to find a place to put it, so it's not in the way.
So you just use the original case it came with?

Registered
So you just use the original case it came with?
Rarely. The coin is pretty cool...if you are into such things. I am.
I store it in a silicone sock in the safe. And when I take it to the range, I have one of those back pack carry totes (similar to this https://www.amazon.com/G-P-S-Handgu...=8-5&keywords=back+pack+pistol+range+bag&th=1). It holds 4 pistols in the foam rubber insert and carries all of my other needed supplies (tools, eye wear, muffs, mags, etc), and I use a separate bag (open top tool bag/tote) for my ammo.
I have three 18 gal storage bins full of original boxes and such.

EDIT:
My new (<200 rd) Legion 226 SAO is back at Sig right now. Extractor broke around 160 rd :(

Registered
You had to send back to factory to replace the extractor?

Isn't this a DIY task?

Just taking advantage of the warranty I hope!

EBM
Yep, they wanted the gun and the original mags. It had less than 200 rd thru it. I'd say that they should want to look at it.

Registered
I think it is odd that now Sig CS is asking for the gun plus both mags when sending something back for warranty service. I had the Romeo sight die on a 320 RX and wanted to send just the sight or at most the slide, CS guy insisted on full gun and both mags.

Registered
Sure but ejectors are consumables aren't they?

My first Sig so maybe a bit more complicated. I'll have to look.

Thanks,

EBM
Well, it's the extractor, not the ejector. But, it is less than 2 months old with less than 200 rounds through the pistol. Consumable or not, there is something wrong. It cost me $1200...and they advertise it as a gun for professional duty, or something similar. Not if they start breaking @ 200 or less. Or even 1000!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rarely. The coin is pretty cool...if you are into such things. I am.
I store it in a silicone sock in the safe. And when I take it to the range, I have one of those back pack carry totes (similar to this https://www.amazon.com/G-P-S-Handgu...=8-5&keywords=back+pack+pistol+range+bag&th=1). It holds 4 pistols in the foam rubber insert and carries all of my other needed supplies (tools, eye wear, muffs, mags, etc), and I use a separate bag (open top tool bag/tote) for my ammo.
I have three 18 gal storage bins full of original boxes and such.

EDIT:
My new (<200 rd) Legion 226 SAO is back at Sig right now. Extractor broke around 160 rd :(
Thank you for the link and additional information. Sorry to hear about that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.