SIG Talk banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Premium Member
Sig: P226 MK25, P320 X-Five, P365XL - S&W: TRR8, 500 Magnum, Pro Shop Model 640
I have lots of knives for lots of purposes. I do like a casual "gentlemen's knife". Has anybody else looked at the "Deejo" line of pocket knives? Not serious EDC but really high on the "cool" factor. Three sizes and a mind boggling list of materials and options. Looks like a real nice gift or just a conversation piece. Not too expensive. See what you guys think of them .... 馃

Check out www.Deejo.com.

(couldn't get the pics from their website to load here)
Made in France, not China. About Us | Deejo (y)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #23
I like my knife to open and close with a push button... Does that mean I鈥檓 not a gentleman??
Do you push the button with force or gently?

I have a few that open with the push of the button but none that close that way yet. I can never find exactly what I want when I am looking because someone beats me to them.

Registered
.357 sig
Do you push the button with force or gently?

I have a few that open with the push of the button but none that close that way yet. I can never find exactly what I want when I am looking because someone beats me to them.
There鈥檚 a little bit of force... I got a Benchmade Mini Infidel a few years ago and I don鈥檛 ever want a different knife. I paid retail for it because shipping to Illinois could have been a problem at that time 馃. Gunbroker prices were a little better than storefront prices.
It鈥檚 a teeny bit small in my hand but my larger knives are a pain in the a** to fit well in the pocket and take out keys or wallet.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #25
There鈥檚 a little bit of force... I got a Benchmade Mini Infidel a few years ago and I don鈥檛 ever want a different knife. I paid retail for it because shipping to Illinois could have been a problem at that time 馃. Gunbroker prices were a little better than storefront prices.
It鈥檚 a teeny bit small in my hand but my larger knives are a pain in the a** to fit well in the pocket and take out keys or wallet.
I have not seen any Benchmade OTF knives in person. Only a few Microtechs. Those are nice knives though and I agree with you not wanting to carry a bigger knife. I would rather know I have one on me but not be reminded all the time by it getting in the away or catching onto something.

Registered
.357 sig
Twenty five years ago I was shown a Benchmade auto when I lived in New Mexico, the ffl told me he couldn鈥檛 sell it to me unless I was active duty military. I knew then that I wanted a Benchmade and when I tried the Infidel it was love! The name didn鈥檛 hurt either 馃槑.

Registered
I have not seen any Benchmade OTF knives in person. Only a few Microtechs. Those are nice knives though and I agree with you not wanting to carry a bigger knife. I would rather know I have one on me but not be reminded all the time by it getting in the away or catching onto something.
Check out the benchmade autocrat. I鈥檝e been carrying one of the first run models for a little over a year now and it鈥檚 been a great knife. Much lower profile than an infidel and the button if on the top like a Microtech which I greatly prefer to my infidel.

Registered
.357 sig
Check out the benchmade autocrat. I鈥檝e been carrying one of the first run models for a little over a year now and it鈥檚 been a great knife. Much lower profile than an infidel and the button if on the top like a Microtech which I greatly prefer to my infidel.
Thanks, that autocrat looks nice! Pricier than my Infidel at 400ish but I鈥檇 consider it next time 馃槑.

Registered
None yet!! I am slowly warming up to knives that cost as much as guns
It鈥檚 a slippery slope, I鈥檝e got about 3k between these two Striders. The SNG I actually EDC along with my Autocrat. The SMF I bought just because it looked cool and figured it鈥檇 be a nice collector piece.

Premium Member
I like my knife to open and close with a push button... Does that mean I鈥檓 not a gentleman??
Howdy,
Like others have offered, and OTF is what you're looking for. When I was in High School, they were referred to as "stilettos".
Also, be sure a "switchblade" is legal in your state:
As an example, CA switchblades are legal with a max 2" blade.

Premium Member
It鈥檚 a slippery slope, I鈥檝e got about 3k between these two Striders. The SNG I actually EDC along with my Autocrat. The SMF I bought just because it looked cool and figured it鈥檇 be a nice collector piece.

Good GRAVY, that's a lot for a set of knives!

Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
This is anything but a gentleman's knife. More like Crocodile Dundee. 4 inch blade. 9.5 inch overall length.

tempImagexPfy3x.png

Reactions: wcoyne

Registered
There's a lot of nice knives here. As a carrier and proponent of Gentleman's Folders I prefer something with 3 blades. Each blade has its purpose. One is always a scalpel. Back in Jr. High I started carrying a Case 5347 (stag handle 3 blade stockman), but for the past 30+ years I have carried a German Eye medium Stockman with stag handles. I also carried a couple of Hubertus Stag lever lock switchblades over the years as well. Really been wanting another switchblade but am too picky.

Reactions: wcoyne
21 - 35 of 35 Posts