SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is the .40 S&W 229 Legion. This is the single best DA/SA trigger I have ever experienced. It has by far the best traditional double action I have ever fired; including all my Berettas and SIGs, and every other gun I have tried in this set up. Below is my first shot of the day in double action with the Legion at 15 yards.

Now, this is with all head shots at 25 yards and chest shots at 15 yards.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I picked up a 229 Legion last week. This is my first DA/SA and I'm thrilled. I shoot it well and as soon as my holster arrives it will be my primary EDC.

Curious what holster you have opted to go with? I also have the Legion 229 9mm and am starting the hunt for an IWB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
188 Posts
Curious what holster you have opted to go with? I also have the Legion 229 9mm and am starting the hunt for an IWB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I've narrowed down to Vedder LightTuck, Phoenix from Alpha Concealment, and Garrett GT.

I have a Vedder LT for my Glock 30S and it works very well. I like the Phoenix because it has a "claw" for AIWB and the GT is leather lined.

Most likely will go with the Vedder because it is minimal yet sturdy and very short delivery.

What holsters are you considering?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Try a "Sticky" Size LG-6S they are about $20 depending on where you get it. But the material is very good for that finish. Also just in case no one has experienced it. Regular P229 grips from sig or any aftermarket company will not fit Legion properly. The De-Cocker lever is left exposed if anyone else thought the extreme grips would look awesome on the Gray Gun.

Sticky is IWB

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've narrowed down to Vedder LightTuck, Phoenix from Alpha Concealment, and Garrett GT.

I have a Vedder LT for my Glock 30S and it works very well. I like the Phoenix because it has a "claw" for AIWB and the GT is leather lined.

Most likely will go with the Vedder because it is minimal yet sturdy and very short delivery.

What holsters are you considering?

As much as I like the Crossbreed supertuck, the reality is I typically find myself using a straight kydex model- tulster has been a favorite brand though in reality there are many vendors with similar products. Was curious if you had found the Holy Grail for the 229. The Legion branded IWB is similar to a supertuck style though it appears to offer more flexibility so I am curious about that model.

Tulster has similar models to the Vedder you referenced.

Finally, JM4 Tactical has a model called the QCC that I am a big fan of for my G43 and Sig 938 & P320. I have not spoken to them about the 229 Legion fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.