Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day folks.

Growing up in Canada my dad was into guns for a while and had some really nice Browning 9mms, etc. Regulations got tighter and he had to get rid of them.

Now, after my family and I moved to the west side of Houston late 2014, I thought I'd like to pick up something for myself. I have both a P226 Legion and P320 RX but really only the budget for one :).

I've enjoyed poking around on this forum so far, getting some answers to questions I've had, mostly related to the P320. It's been quite helpful.

Fairly new to handguns and enjoy it. However, I do wish for a place to shoot that doesn't have lanes. I've come to understand that as large as TX is, it's not easy to find property where you're not at a range and can plink and carry on responsibly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Welcome from The Woodlands. And yes, you're right about shooting outdoors in a non range environment. If you don't own property or knows someone who does, you're out of luck. Don't be the guy that hops the fence, fires a few rounds then splits. Weather you fire a round or not; if you trespass in Texas with a firearm, you've stepped it up to Criminal Trespassing.

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk. Good luck on finding a place to shoot. I don't like lanes either... indoor especially. They are far better than not shooting however. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Welcome to the site! The P226 is my all-time favorite pistol. It is truly a classic combat handgun.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
Greetings and Welcome from Alaska.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Welcome from central Texas.

In this area, the best deal going is Best of the West in Liberty Hill.

Tactical bay, 2 hours $16. Members, $6.

Reactions: Megilly

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome from central Texas.

In this area, the best deal going is Best of the West in Liberty Hill.

Tactical bay, 2 hours $16. Members, $6.
I have shot there. Amazing place to go.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk and greetings from Europe.

Full frame SIG Sauers and classic USGI 1911s have always been my favourite guns.
This is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to.

Shoot safe.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome folks, I appreciate it. Thank you also for the local insights and cautionary notes!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.