SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

How To Receive Payment From Your Sale On Gunbroker?

3K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Hemiram 
#1 ·
OK, the topic recently came up and I want to sell a pistol soon, so hopefully those non-merchants who have used Gunbroker.com can explain how to receive payment from your sale on gunbroker.com

A couple of things I noticed on gunbroker.com:

Font Screenshot Number Document Parallel

And:

Font Screenshot Number Document Rectangle

If you are a merchant, you can set up a merchant "gateway" on gunbroker.com

But if you are not a merchant will gunbrokerpay.com and gunbroker vault work to receive payment?

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Terrestrial plant

Has anybody actually used gunbrokerpay.com and gunbroker vault and, if so, practically how did it work?

See less See more
#3 ·
For anyone considering listing a gun for sale using GunBrokerPay, DON’T.

GBP is not available in my state or several others. If you list your item with the only pay option as GBP, then you are excluding entire states full of people. That’s right. I can’t even bid on your auction if you only accept GBP.

It has been this way for months and they can’t tell me when, if ever, they will be available here.

Make sure you accept USPS money orders also.

#6 ·
FYI - For those of you who only accept Money orders... just know there are a lot of people like me who won't buy from you.

Its just too much of a PITA to go that route and takes too long. Last time I bought from someone on GB with a MO, it took 3 weeks from start to finish to get my new gun. Obviously the MO wasn't the only delay but that was it for me, no more MO's. I'll even pay the 3% premium to use a CC (even though that's BS too)

#7 · (Edited)
Curious .. If you dont use MO for a purchase what is your preferred method of payment for out of state gun purchases through gun broker?

Is there a paypal like company that allows gun purchases to be charged?

I guess you could arrange a direct bank payment. Not sure how but i pay my community maintenance fee that way.

I used to accept personal checks for my leather work with the caveat that it would have to wait until it cleared which is now usually 3 days or less.

#9 ·
I have absolutely no idea of how to sell on GB, but do have some other information for you:

I know you live in CA and have hurculean obstacles when it comes to anything related to guns, but here in TN when hubby and I want to sell a gun we either sell it to a fellow gun club member (rare) or take it to our preferred LGS to be put on consignment. Our store only charges 10% of the sales price, but 15% would still be a reasonable commission. Some stores refuse to take consignments. Their loss.

The advantage of putting a gun on consignment "should be" that the dealer will get as much as possible for it because he is making a percentage of the sales price.

The disadvantage of putting a gun on consignment "can be" that it gets sold for very little becaue all the dealer is concerned is a really quick few bucks.

The LGS that we choose to deal with always asks us how much we want for the gun.....that is how much we want after they get their commission. One time hubby took a revolver to put on consignment and they asked how much he wanted. He said $400 and the owner took $400 out of his pocket and handed it to hubby, right then and there Either the owner really wanted that gun for himself or he knew he could sell it a net a lot more than the $40 plus pennies he would make on consignment. They are honest people and if once in a while they can make some extra money, it is fine with us.

If you have no idea what to ask for the gun, ask them how much they think it will sell for and be specific as to how fast you want to sell it. If you are not in a hurry you/they can ask more. Personally, when we are ready to get rid of a gun, we mostly want to get rid of it and are happy with getting part of our money back as long as it is substantially more than any dealer will give us on a straight sale to them.

Hope all this makes sense.

#10 ·
I've sold guns on both GunBroker.com and a fav local LGS. I much prefer the LGS route, it's always better working in person with people you know, and usually closes at very competitive pricing - Well worth their 15% commish. These LGS sales are much simpler too.

GunBroker sales have broader exposure and usually close & pay without problems. I say usually because there are those occasional bid winners that never pay-up. These get GB re-posted and ultimately sell, but that process adds weeks & more of your time.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.