SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching this video, and it really seemed to work for me more so than the tons of others I've seen. SOoo.... I thought I'd..... SHARE
The debate that places your front sight at 6 O'Clock vs's the top of your front sight being at the middle of mass.

https://youtu.be/XPtTs42sVAM

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've seen the video before. Center of Mass hold works well for defensive shooting. 6 O'clock hold works very well for target shooting. When using 6 O'clock hold you have to be more aware of canting errors than with COM hold.

You have to choose your method of hold based on what you are training to do. An experienced marksman can switch back and forth between methods and use both of them effectively.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I liked about it as well. I have in the past gotten stuck on the 6 hold as opposed to switching to CM. Reminding me to train for both. A lot to be said about aiming and point and shoot. Just thought this vid did a good job of explaining it visually.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was watching this video, and it really seemed to work for me more so than the tons of others I've seen. SOoo.... I thought I'd..... SHARE
The debate that places your front sight at 6 O'Clock vs's the top of your front sight being at the middle of mass.

https://youtu.be/XPtTs42sVAM
I stumbled across the this video a few weeks ago. I also found it very helpful. Prior to watching it I felt I was focusing on the front sight, but after watching it I realized I was not focusing enough on the front sight.

Until recently I primarily shot 9mm until December when I picked up a P220 45. I had been struggling with my first 45 caliber handgun (P220) for about a month and then I applied the instructions to my nightly dry fire practices. After about 2 weeks my groupings improved greatly.

Reactions: MONK

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good video. Never been a fan of the six-o-clock hold.

Reactions: MONK
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.