SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you remove the base plate? It is a w.german 7rd. Mag. with the american style push button release. Did a search and came up with nothing. Thanks

馃帠USAF Veteran
How do you remove the base plate? It is a w.german 7rd. Mag. with the american style push button release. Did a search and came up with nothing. Thanks
My W. German mag has a spring plate or flat middle plate under the base plate, I call it that for lack of knowledge reasons as to what it actually called, that holds the spring, which is underneath of the bottom slide plate. I lube up the mag to free it up with CLP and then take it apart wearing eye protection, as you can't replace a eye if it gets damaged. I don't have any pictures of the process, but once I push in the bottom, I just slide up the bottom base plate, hold the spring plate with my thumb and pull the rest of the base plate off, release the spring tension slowly and fully disassemble and clean.

Sorry, This is just my way of accomplishing that task and not something that is a formal process. I hope this helps.

Resident Armorer Premium Member
The 7 round original magazines have a "side release" annotated by the arrow. Pushing the end of the spring upward, you will notice a slit in the magazine body. While pushed up past the floorplate, slide the floorplate forward off of the magazine body.

Be careful, and don't "bend the spring" to the point of breaking. Wolff does carry replacements if a spring gets damaged

Attachments

Registered
Here you go - hope it helps.

Magazin Demontage
1. Die Unterseite der Magazinbodenplatte lokalisieren.
2. Dr眉cken Sie mit einem Stanz-, Reinigungsstab oder 盲hnlichem Werkzeug den Magazineinsatz und
Schieben Sie die Magazinbodenplatte nach vorne, bis sie sich vom Magazinrohr entfernt hat.

WARNUNG - ZERLEGUNG
Die Magazinfeder ist komprimiert. Bewahre den Magazineinsatz und das Magazin
Fr眉hling mit dem Daumen, um die Freigabe der Magazin-Federspannung zu kontrollieren. Uncon-
Trolled Release kann zu Verletzungen f眉hren. Augenschutz tragen.
3. Magazinfolger und Magazinfeder aus dem Magazinrohr entfernen.
Diese Demontage ist ausreichend, um eine gr眉ndliche Reinigung nach dem Schuss zu erm枚glichen.

:)

Premium Member
More pictures...I believe these were taken for a 2013 post, a comparison between the old 7 rd and the newer 8 rd. Can't recall why I posted the loaded top round, think it was a feeding concern.

Attachments

Reactions: Willard

Resident Armorer Premium Member
Sarge1998, I've got a few myself, mostly trying to figure out replacement magazine springs... but there is always a new "Problem" coming up... I actually was trying to find my original P220 magazines, and couldn't immediately, so I plucked these off the "fabulous internet"!!!

Reactions: Sarge1998
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.