SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
7uiOVcA.jpg
The above shows the two tabs to look for to determine a SRT. The SRT tab is thick and the standard Safety lever tab is thin. Round pin is the Hammer pivot pin.
There is no Short Reset Trigger in OP.
LxCKN2l.jpg
This clearly answers a frequently asked question.

Would like to nominate for "sticky status".

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
This is a great Stickie! Well done sir.

·
Registered
21,384 Posts
Yes. Sticky.
I've been thinking we need a Sig FAQ list.

Or maybe something like a Sigipedia. With heavy emphasis on the need to solid references for accuracy of information. Not something like: "I read this on another forum..". But real information like the above post, references to Sig armorer's manuals, et cetera. References are needed because too many people think they know something as fact when it really isn't. But it should be something that we can contribute to; create/edit/update, add references, add photos, et cetera.

I don't know how successful it would be, but it's a thought.

·
Registered
174 Posts
No malicious SAS is Sexy *** Sig silly, ha. No to the poster who asked it means Sig Anti Snag meaning it's corners are "rounded off leaving no sharp corners" , the SAS pistols have SRT triggers also (short reset as in this thread not short reach out thin trigger) almost always too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have a SIG P226 SAO not an X5 or 6. It doesn't say that it has a SRT trigger via the specs. Can I install one because what you show here doesn't show on my gun due to it having a manual safety?

·
Premium Member
18,373 Posts
I'll be receiving my first SAO SIG in the next four to six weeks (fingers crossed!). I plan on using the opportunity to better understand the system and whether the SRT is at all viable or even necessary.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I'll be receiving my first SAO SIG in the next four to six weeks (fingers crossed!). I plan on using the opportunity to better understand the system and whether the SRT is at all viable or even necessary.
I have multiple da/SA SIG's with SRT's and one 226 SAO that, obviously, doesn't. The reset on the SAO is exactly like a classic without an SRT, so I hate it :)
I love the gun though, can't wait for the SRT.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I own a P227 that has had a SRT job on it. There is no need to pull and hold the trigger and rack the slide. Just make sure the firearm is safe and simply pull the trigger in DA mode and release. Trigger should instantly reset if a SRT. JMHO.

UOTE=ejirish;247033]There is another way.... Make sure you have an empty and safe gun!!!

Pull the trigger and hold it down...
rack the slide...
release the trigger slowly...
if the reset click is almost instantly...it's an SRT

if it creeps along until it resets, it isn't.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I own a P227 that has had a SRT job on it. There is no need to pull and hold the trigger and rack the slide. Just make sure the firearm is safe and simply pull the trigger in DA mode and release. Trigger should instantly reset if a SRT. JMHO.
If you stop the forward motion of the trigger after 1/8 inch reset and then pull the trigger back, what cocks the Hammer?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The slide cocks the hammer after the first DA trigger pull.

If you stop the forward motion of the trigger after 1/8 inch reset and then pull the trigger back, what cocks the Hammer?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The pistol is empty and safe. How does the slide move back to cock the hammer? (you do not need to rack it, you said)

At any rate, non of my SRT equipted pistols have a short reset when dryfiring in DA without racking the slide.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
You've already determine that your pistol has a SRT after pulling the trigger in Da mode and releasing it. I still can't figure out what your confusion is all about.

The pistol is empty and safe. How does the slide move back to cock the hammer? (you do not need to rack it, you said)

At any rate, non of my SRT equipted pistols have a short reset when dryfiring in DA without racking the slide.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts