SIG Talk banner

How to bring out the color of G10s

823 11
Just received a set of Hogue Extreme G10 Mascus Pirhana black/gray grips for my P226RX Elite SAO and they look kind of washed out. What have you used to bring out the colors in your G10s? Thinking about trying a silicon cloth but don't want to make them slippery or get fibers stuck on them.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just received a set of Hogue Extreme G10 Mascus Pirhana black/gray grips for my P226RX Elite SAO and they look kind of washed out. What have you used to bring out the colors in your G10s? Thinking about trying a silicon cloth but don't want to make them slippery or get fibers stuck on them.
You shoot until your hands get sweaty. Problem solved

·
Registered
363 Posts
On a side note though, my grips are always shiny after a good clean. Oil/grease always makes things shiny

Reactions: JimLob65

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Reactions: JimLob65 and sigke

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A quick trip to CVS and a $1.69 travel size bottle of baby oil and my G10s are looking pretty good. I think if I wanted to see more contrast there were better choices of patterns than the pirhanas. Not a big deal as I really like them as they are very grippy. They seem just a little bit fuller than the checkered G10s on my Legions.

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.