SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious how often the enthusiasts here get to shoot their P320 's. I'm fortunate enough to have my own outdoor range and being retired, I have the luxury of being able to shoot whenever the weather cooperates. I'm usually out there 2 or 3 times a week. If it weren't for the chores around the property, I'd be out there more frequently.

I enjoy shooting with a group though so when I can't get friends or neighbors to join me, a couple of times a month, I go to one of the 2 local indoor ranges in my area.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Man, not nearly enough!

I make it about once a month. My work schedule and commute make it difficult and I always have tons to do on the weekends. Often I have to take off an afternoon to make it.

I would like to go at least every other week.

This is one of the reasons I have contemplated reducing my "armory" to just my 320's. Since I am not making it out as much as I would like, I would at least limit my practice to what I am carrying. I just have too many really fun guns to shoot and not near enough time to shoot them all.

First world problems!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Twice a month or more.

I'm still getting use to the grip and trigger system on the P320. After I shoot several hundred rounds with decent groups I bust out my XDm9 5.25 just to remind myself that I can put 5 rounds in one hole with the right gun.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Twice a month or more.

I'm still getting use to the grip and trigger system on the P320. After I shoot several hundred rounds with decent groups I bust out my XDm9 5.25 just to remind myself that I can put 5 rounds in one hole with the right gun.
Yea, but 5.52 is cheating! :p

·
Registered
763 Posts
About once a week, and about 300-400 rounds.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Once a week...we'll I have only had my P320 for 2 weeks and I've been twice. I did 100 rounds with the compact frame and slide/barrel and 100 with compact frame and full size slide/barrel. So far I actually shoot better with the compact frame and FS barrel/slide and it's more comfortable.

·
Registered
441 Posts
At least once a week, 2 to 3 hundred rounds.

TXPO

·
Registered
571 Posts
Id like to go more. I work 10min from my range and try to meet a buddy there bi-weekly and go through 300+ but with the nice weather coming, my husbandly duties are starting to amass.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Got my P320c RX a couple of weeks ago. Moved the red dot to sit on top of the front sight. Took it to the range yesterday and it's shooting right where I thought it would, just a little low at about 25 yards. Not low left or anywhere else, but right where I was pointing. NO failures of any kind. Super happy with my RX 320 9mm!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Was shooting it twice a week, but decided to shoot a couple of my other Sigs and my CZ's. Looking forward to dusting it back off. They are all fun too shoot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
320 RX here
Not enough, but can't really afford the $$$. Yesterday an hour or so for the 2 of us $20.00 for the range and used around $50.00 of ammo.

First time shooting steal with the 320 - get almost boring, standard stance right hand , singe right hand, left hand, just don't miss !!! I was at the point I was shooting used shotgun shells off the tops of steel stands:) Guess I'll have to try a mirror and shoot backwards.

No not bragging, I am far far from a good shot, 66 and not so great eyes anymore and the RX makes up for it. It's just so frickin' easy to shoot well. Until my arms get tired, just 100% hits.

Got a new 9mm Shield and needed to break in and try as well, will soon be getting some surgery on the Right arm and needed to try single left hand shooting, surprisingly was pretty decent at 20-30 feet as well.

In all seriousness, if I could afford it - and the range was closer I'd easily shoot a couple times a week.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, I do not yet own a P320 as of yet, but I am at the LGS with the indoor range at least one time a week, shooting at least 250 rounds. I do ask each time I am in there when my P320 RX will be arriving, though.

When I actually take delivery of my P320RX, I will be transitioning to shooting the SIG as often as I am shooting my S&W now, and backing off on the number of rounds through the S&W. (I'm at over 5000 rounds through the S&W so far in less than 2 months of ownership, shot 300 rounds through it earlier today)

Reactions: Makaio333

·
Registered
93 Posts
I try to shoot once a week. We go on Wednesdays since it is ladies day. Wife gets in for 1/2 off and free gun rentals.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I try to get there once a week, sometimes twice. I shoot 100 rounds thru one of my .22LR pistols to warm up. Then another 100 thru the P320. I have all of the 9mm grip and slide variations including RX, so I try to mix it up just to keep it fresh.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I used to shoot once a week and sometimes up to three times a week during slow periods. The indoor range is one mile from my house and in between home and work. Lately I have been too busy to go much at all.

With things so hectic, I am considering reducing the pistol collection a little. I have pretty much decided to make the 320 my all around pistol and will focus practice time on it. I'll keep the 938, Ruger Mark III and N-frame 357. Couple XD's haven't decided on.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Twice a week here. The Walkyrie and I are very blessed to be members of the new range here in Austin. I am still in my first year of shooting, so I only shoot my 320fs and my 320sc, which is my BUG.

Walkyrie does the same with her 239 and 238.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts