SIG Talk banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
🎖USAF Retired
Sig MCX/MPX
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I bought Sigs MODx-9. I’m looking at 6 months at least before I can try it on my MPX. It will be a direct thread.
Ken Please let me know when you get your ModX9, I am very curious how it will work out. If I remember correctly you don’t have any accuracy issues with your K. Have you tried a muzzle device other than the stock birdcage? Congrats by the way on your ModX9! I hear they are really quiet.

I didn’t mention this in my last post but I’m shooting from a rest with American Eagle flat nose 147 grain. I also tried a few Winchester round nose 115 grain… same thing.

·
🎖USAF Retired
3,733 Posts
Yea, I’ll use the Mod X9 on both the 4” and 8” barrel. No I haven’t tried any other muzzle devices. I have read all the posts about people having issues with various cans and honestly it was part of the reason I never bought one.
I get great groups with both barrels presently. Still a long ways from getting to try it.

·
Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228, MPX K 4.5”
977 Posts
No I haven’t tried a can yet. My plan was to purchase a suppressor and mount it using a 3 lug I bought the Trilug first to see if I had the same problems as the MAC channel describes. To my disappointment I have the exact same problem. My next step will be to purchase a can and direct thread it. If that don’t work, I will get a ILWT barrel which reportedly fixes the problem. I can live without the 3 lug mount so hopefully Sig is right and the direct thread will work. Thanks for your reply.
Oh, I misread it…you’re having this issue with just the tri-lug?? That doesn’t sound right at all. I could see the tri-lug throwing the can alignment off (which is what I think Sig CS was getting at), but just putting the tri-lug on shouldn’t have that much impact!

Now I’m really curious…. 🤔

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've had my Gen 2 for a while now and it's been nothing but a pleasure to shoot. I use Sig's SRD9 and direct attach it to the MPX. Works great. I have no discernable point of impact change. I'd love to have a Mod X9 but the SRD9 works fine. No good reason to upgrade at the moment. Hopefully the Feds will get those of you waiting for your tax stamps done soon. A suppressor on the MPX just adds to the fun of shooting it. Electronic Form 4's are soon to come online and hopefully bring a reduction in wait time.

·
🎖USAF Retired
Sig MCX/MPX
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Oh, I misread it…you’re having this issue with just the tri-lug?? That doesn’t sound right at all. I could see the tri-lug throwing the can alignment off (which is what I think Sig CS was getting at), but just putting the tri-lug on shouldn’t have that much impact!

Now I’m really curious…. 🤔
Yup just the Trilug. No suppressor yet. I know…. It just ain’t right. I have tried several times between the birdcage and two different Trilugs and the birdcage is 1.5” at 25 yards every time. As soon as I change the muzzle device groups go to 💩

·
🎖USAF Retired
Sig MCX/MPX
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
This YouTube video describes exactly what I’m having. Interesting to say the least.

·
Registered
977 Posts
This YouTube video describes exactly what I’m having. Interesting to say the least.
Hmmm…interesting. The first thing that stands out is that it doesn’t look like he had his RMR zeroed. Not critical (the groups were consistently right of aim point), but if you’re going to make a video about accuracy you’d thing have a zeroed weapon would be a good start. 🤔

The apparent difference in your situation is that with the Sig birdcage your groups are fine. That seems to shoot down the theory about not being concentric. It makes more sense that any muzzle device throws things off - not just some. And the fact that you tried two different tri-lugs seems to rule out a “bad” one.

Curiouser and curiouser…

·
🎖USAF Retired
Sig MCX/MPX
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hmmm…interesting. The first thing that stands out is that it doesn’t look like he had his RMR zeroed. Not critical (the groups were consistently right of aim point), but if you’re going to make a video about accuracy you’d thing have a zeroed weapon would be a good start. 🤔

The apparent difference in your situation is that with the Sig birdcage your groups are fine. That seems to shoot down the theory about not being concentric. It makes more sense that any muzzle device throws things off - not just some. And the fact that you tried two different tri-lugs seems to rule out a “bad” one.

Curiouser and curiouser…
Man Navyguy I just noticed your list of weapons. You have a great collection 💵. I’m particularly interested in your MR556A1 and SP5. How do you like them. Any complaints? I think my next purchase is gonna be an SP5. Maybe that one will shoot straight suppressed 🤭

·
Registered
977 Posts
Man Navyguy I just noticed your list of weapons. You have a great collection 💵. I’m particularly interested in your MR556A1 and SP5. How do you like them. Any complaints? I think my next purchase is gonna be an SP5. Maybe that one will shoot straight suppressed 🤭
Both the MR556 and SP5 are excellent guns. I put a Midwest Industries handguard on it which really improved the profile (the stock H&K handguard was very round and chunky). It shoots very nicely.

I converted the SP5 to an SBR and it’s excellent. (Although not as much fun as shooting my MPX!). I have a Sig MODX-45 in ATF purgatory so I haven’t shot it suppresses yet. It has a threaded tri-lug attachment out of the factory. Right now I have it fitted with the A2 stock but I may try a folder in the future.

Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel

You can’t go wrong with either one…although you can go broke!! :D

·
🎖USAF Retired
Sig MCX/MPX
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I am surprised to hear you say you like shooting the MPX better. I’ve always heard the SP5 was the cats meow! I love shooting my MPX I’m just a little disappointed with the muzzle device “situation”. I don’t have a .308 caliber gun and was considering the MR762 what are your thoughts on that one? Your SP5 looks awesome. I like the handgrip. Have you considered the collapsible stock? I think those look the best. But you’re right they are pricey. If I keep going I’ll end up in bankruptcy court😂. Thanks for your service by the way Navyguy.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I am surprised to hear you say you like shooting the MPX better. I’ve always heard the SP5 was the cats meow! I love shooting my MPX I’m just a little disappointed with the muzzle device “situation”. I don’t have a .308 caliber gun and was considering the MR762 what are your thoughts on that one? Your SP5 looks awesome. I like the handgrip. Have you considered the collapsible stock? I think those look the best. But you’re right they are pricey. If I keep going I’ll end up in bankruptcy court😂. Thanks for your service by the way Navyguy.
The SP5 is definitely a great gun to shoot and it’s very accurate…but the MPX in such a smaller, lighter package is just “more fun” to me. I wouldn’t want to give up either of them.

I’ve certainly seen the A3 style stocks (collapsible), but they routinely cost over $700 — and by all accounts they aren’t very comfortable when shooting. They certainly are an iconic look, though.

I have this A4-style stock which isn’t bad but a bit bulky. I’m considering a B&T style folding stock as a lighter, more compact option. (Second photo)

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Bicycle part Automotive exterior Auto part Font Metal

As far as the MR762, I have no doubt they are an excellent gun but they are crazy expensive, even compared to the SP5 and MR556. It also sounds like accessories are harder to come by, but I haven’t really been considering one. I have an AR-10 in .308 that I built on a DPMS receiver. I would probably look at other .308’s before I dropped big money on an MR762.

·
🎖USAF Retired
Sig MCX/MPX
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I hear you the MR762 is like $3800 on a good day. I’ve noticed all HK parts and accessories are ridiculously priced. You’re right the SP5 collapsible is over $700 bucks on the B&T site but it sure looks cool. I’ve seen pics of that A4 stock on an SP5 and it looks good too. What is that Mlok bar running up to your front sight? Is that a Pic rail add-on? I have one of those Olights on my 5.56 MCX it works great and it’s reasonably priced compared to Surefire lights.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I hear you the MR762 is like $3800 on a good day. I’ve noticed all HK parts and accessories are ridiculously priced. You’re right the SP5 collapsible is over $700 bucks on the B&T site but it sure looks cool. I’ve seen pics of that A4 stock on an SP5 and it looks good too. What is that Mlok bar running up to your front sight? Is that a Pic rail add-on? I have one of those Olights on my 5.56 MCX it works great and it’s reasonably priced compared to Surefire lights.
The top rail on the SP5 is a Midwest Industries rail. It provides a Picatinny rail over the receiver then 2 1/2 M-LOK slots over the barrel. I like it because it’s a relatively low profile. I don’t like the way the Sig ROMEO5 blocks the iron sights, but I can make it work for now.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts