SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
P229 German frame; P238 Rainbow Titanium; P365 w/ manual safety; M400 Tread
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some differences are easy to spot- I added the Hogue G10 Pirahna hand grips, Streamlight TLR1 HL, ‘Plus 2’ Mec-Gar magazines and converted the barrel from a .40 cal to .357 sig;

I also contacted the Sig Armorer (Robert Burke) in Texas- he did some custom work, mostly internal, as follows:

1) Carry level action job (port polishing, smoothing of the internals for more consistent and crisp trigger action)

2) Installed QTR (Quick trigger reset) system

3) Installed Superstrut mainspring system

4) Milled slide and installed Romeo Zero RMR (Ruggedized Miniature Reflex) sight aka red dot

6) Installed Trijicon Suppressor height sights to co-witness with RMR

7) Converted from DAK (Double Action Kellerman) to DA/SA (Double Action/ Single Action)

*The last picture in sequence is what suddenly appeared on my social media feed, not even 2 weeks after getting my baby back finished- I know that some will say I could‘ve done something new/similar for cheaper, or even went the M17 route, but this was my first ever pistol so it’s sentimental to me. Also, I like that the frame was made in Germany.

It’s been extremely fun modifying because I’ve had her since 21 years old- I must say the work performed by R Burke exceeded my expectations and then some!! I highly recommend pulling the trigger for anyone still on the fence about getting an action job done by Robert. I’m one happy camper.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel

Revolver Air gun Black Trigger Style

Air gun Trigger Font Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Font

Photograph White Black Trigger Air gun

·
Registered
23,811 Posts
I like what you did. Sounds like a sweet shooter.

Reactions: SBV7 OIL

·
Registered
P229 German frame; P238 Rainbow Titanium; P365 w/ manual safety; M400 Tread
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those grip panels look great on there
Thanks!! I’ve always loved the fit of this gun in my hand since the beginning, but somehow these grips feel even better!! They’re slimmer in size than the originals in just the slightest amount, but I love the feel and aesthetics.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Nice, still deciding which way to go with my P229 DAK.

I bought a new .357 Sig barrel and sights, shoots well and would work fine as DAK.

I bought a used parts lot off Gun Broker with another .40 S&W barrel and slide, plus all the parts to make it SA/DA. I’ve not converted it yet but clearing the bench, bagged all the parts individually and getting ready to make the jump.

Once I do, I’m going to see which of my two .40 S&W barrels shoot the best and keep the one that does.

Then I’ll have a .357 Sig slide and a separate .40 S&W slide/barrel combination.

Once I get all that taken care of I’ll decide how to cerakote everything. I’d like to incorporate burnt bronze, or maybe go the nightmare scheme? That’s the hardest part to decide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts