SIG Talk banner

How Do You

1328 16
I was wondering just now just how does Everyone carry Their SAO Sig pistols regardless of Caliber and Model ?

I have a P938 Equinox that I carry with one in the chamber plus 6 or 7 in the mag in condition One.

I just recently purchased a P220 SSE in 10MM SAO Distributor Special Edition and it also has an Ambi Safety like the P938 Equinox. I have a Custom Made Black leather IWB holster on order. When fully loaded one in chamber and 8 in mag the pistol will weigh close to 48 ounces. I'm wondering whether or not if I should carry it with one in the chamber and in condition One.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the way I carry My P938, but was leary to do so with My P226 since it will be so heavy when fully loaded. It is all SS (both Frame and Slide) It weighs 39.0 ounces empty so with a full mag (8rds) plus one in the chamber it will be pushing 48 ounces. I found some suspenders at Walmart that hook under Your belt so I will wear them when I carry it.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Your pistol is safe if dropped on ether the barrel end or on the hammer so if you find humping that heavy weight handgun as a EDC just fine then your good to go . You sure went to sigs extremes with a p938 and a p220 elit .

I wear suspenders and have for 25 years of my 29 years of concealed carry . Some smaller handgun can be tucked in and suspender warn over the top of your shirt and the belt a little looser but most times over a 26 to 29oz 4" class handgun with suspenders over a t shirt with a cover short over all .

·
Registered
17,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your pistol is safe if dropped on ether the barrel end or on the hammer so if you find humping that heavy weight handgun as a EDC just fine then your good to go . You sure went to sigs extremes with a p938 and a p220 elit .

I wear suspenders and have for 25 years of my 29 years of concealed carry . Some smaller handgun can be tucked in and suspender warn over the top of your shirt and the belt a little looser but most times over a 26 to 29oz 4" class handgun with suspenders over a t shirt with a cover short over all .
I wore suspenders with all of My Suits back when I was working. Mine were the Button type since I wore Brooks Brothers Clothes. The one at Walmart I stumbled on last year. There was a Guy wearing some and I asked where He got them. I have Five Sigs, three are Equinoxes P938,P226 and P220 Carry. P239 Nitron DAK and now the P220 SSE 10MM.
I misread what icarlos said, I do carry My P938 in condition 1 not with the safety on.
All of My holsters are IWB except for My revolvers.

·
🎖USA Veteran
12,077 Posts
I misread what icarlos said, I do carry My P938 in condition 1 not with the safety on.
Please don't say that you carry you SAO P938 with a round chambered, hammer cocked and the safety OFF! That would be "Condition 0" and would be unsafe.

Not sure what the weight of the pistol would have to do with what condition you carry you P226 SSE.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am working the 938 Equinox into my rotation, but it's new to me, so still not my primary yet.

However, when I do carry it, the 938 is in Condition One: cocked and locked, with one in the chamber. Depending on how I'm carrying I'll have either the 7rd or 6rd mag in the gun.

Interestingly, I come from a striker background. I've always carry my striker-fired gun with one in the chamber. I thought I'd have no mental issues carrying in Condition One, but the first day gave me pause. I think only b/c you read so many arguments online. At this point, I am firmly committed to Condition One with the 938.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
As others, condition-1. On my P938, I swapped it to single side safety - easy to do using safety lever and hammer pivot pin for the P238 (and cheap from SIG). I was worried about bonking the "outside" safety lever off.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
As others, condition-1. On my P938, I swapped it to single side safety - easy to do using safety lever and hammer pivot pin for the P238 (and cheap from SIG). I was worried about bonking the "outside" safety lever off.

That's the reason I bought the P238 HD model .. only model with only a left side safety when I bought it .... and holster completely covers it ..

Don't have to worry about a right side safety accidently being moved to off thru movement while carrying ..

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
Well, bumper and Whitewabit, I'll be the contrarian here with respect to the safety on a SAO.

One of the things I like the most about my Sig SAO guns is the ambidextrous safety. It gives me some peace of mind for various scenarios.

I can understand the worry about accidentally taking it off, but I know that my SAO guns are pretty loud when the safety goes off, so I figure I'd hear it, plus the trigger guard is completely covered in my Alien Gear holster and, last but not least, I reach back and check it a few times each day.

Between all these things, it doesn't really worry me.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Both the P238 and the P938 my wife and I carry are carried with one in the chamber, cocked and safety on.

·
Registered
556 Posts
After reading all the above posts, I'm still not quite sure of peoples reasoning for being leery of carrying in condition 1. Is it fear of AD because of trigger pull or AD because of a dropped or bumped gun.
I carry a P938 w/ safety on because it has a safety and is meant to be carried that way. I have other guns w/o a safety . As long as the Trig. pull is above 5 lbs I fee comfortable in cond.1. Any gun must be carried in a proper holster that covers the trigger.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.