SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I recently bought this p226, but I don't see Amy way 2 attach new sights and maybe a lazer or flashlight, can anyone give me some advice on how to do so? Thanks

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Crimson Trace Laser Grips makes it easy to add a laser, . . . if not a bit pricey at $230 or so. To replace the sights, a good quality sight pusher will do. Some buy the tool, some get a gunsmith to do it. If that guy had an accessory rail, many here would think it would have less visual appeal, newer guns often have them, and allow easy mounting of a weapon light. Not so often used on a carry gun, though quite a few, including me, have them on a home defense gun. I guess LEO's may use them fairly often too. I prefer guns like yours, without the rail. Nice!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,268 Posts
As bumper advised, sights are no problem, with a "tool" if you want Tritium Sights, as driving the on with a Hammer and punch, will normally crack the vials holding the tritium gas. Then they "die"!

Pistols without accessory rails, are my preferred carry, as less to possibly snag clothing.

What "bolt on" accessory rails, that were available 30 years ago, normally clamped to the Trigger Guard, and caused more damage, than providing a usable rail... plus finding a holster, to handle it, was impossible.

If you want a rail, to bolt on bells and whistles, get a model with one on it originally. Don't butcher a Classic!

·
🎖USAF Retired
4,668 Posts
Sell it and buy what you want. You’ll spend way more modifying it than buying what you want. It’s a nice older two tone sig and should get you something in the $7-800 range.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The best way to add a rail is to keep an eye out for a gun that came with a rail, then add that to your collection. Many have come to prefer the clean simple lines of a rail-less Sig. I wish that Sig still offered a P226 without a rail

·
Registered
116 Posts
I agree with others and would say it’s not worth trying to make this pistol something it’s not. If you want it to be something else, get something else whether trading or adding to.
That being said I find the 226 the perfect gun to trick out and would not want one without rails etc (maybe). The 229 sure because I’m going to carry it. But for me, the 226, if I had one, would most often be a bedside gun which means I need a big ol torch on it as well as a red dot. I mean I wouldn’t balk at having an older more classic 226 like yours but it would be little more than a nostalgia piece for me. If you’re new to guns, maybe not anything better to learn on though!

·
Registered
23,704 Posts
... It’s a nice older two tone sig ....
I believe that is a stamped carbon steel slide and isn't supposed to be "two-toned".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts