SIG Talk banner

Holy grail of all Sigs?

6077 40
The day I turned 21 i went out and bought myself a brand new P229. I didn't know much about Sig, but I knew i wanted a full size all metal handgun, and that alone makes slim pickings. Additionaly, I believe you get what you pay for and this tends to lead to an expensive taste. So a new Sig really fit the bill. After learning more and more about them, I only like them more.

They really do have a cult following, and to me its fun learning all the secrets. For instance, when people search for a certain frame, slide, specific manufacture years or location, and so-on.

My holy grail sig, at least at the moment, is a new P229 Stainless Elite 9mm. One with the real stainless frame (not alloy) and the undercut trigger guard. I also like the beaver tail.

So what is your holy grail Sig? It could be one you owned before, own right now, or are still searching and saving for.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
670 Posts
Was >||< that close to making one mine...when the Legions came out! :(
Nice!

Reactions: LittleTex

· Registered
2,771 Posts
I wouldn't own anything coming out of the USA these days since I already own several P220/P228/P226 that are W.German / German. FWIW, I EDC OC a German P228. Top pick would be a P210 just so I could be like kjmattakat. :drool: After that would be a X6 P220. Both of those are true "work's of art" and fit me like they were made for my hand. Shooting them is as much of a 'wet dream' as owning them. I have been collecting SIGs for several years ...the 'Holy Grail' for me and my current collection is a Lyson's Corner gun.

· Registered
9,114 Posts
I have no desire for the rare and esoteric SIG, the plebeian variety can be groomed to function as beautifully as those that are as hard to find as Bigfoot.

None of my pack of SIG mutts would so much as whimper "rare", let alone holy anything, grail or otherwise, unless one tried trigger and action, then maybe, "Holy Moly!".

They are 12 to 20 something year olds, mostly P229 40's that possess a level of quality that I find not so consistent in some newer SIGs. I don't carry this one, but I like it a lot and may move it into rotation, picked it up for $625 out the door a couple of months ago at a LGS. A 2004 nickel, from what I can tell, my regular carry is a '99 P229 and theres a like new '96 in ready reserve. For nightstand duty, my only one with rail, light, Crimson Trace grips and suppressor.

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wonder what a custom shop would charge to grind off the rail of a SSE, smooth it out and bead blast the whole thing again to match? :D
I have seriously considered this. Or, as a non permanent solution, what about very low profile rail covers? Like the ladder covers used on picatinny ar15 rails.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.