SIG Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Pistols that large I only carry OWB. Decide if you want leather, kydex or a "blend." That said, Sparks makes excellent holsters as suggested by bbl. I have a Tucker OWB for my P220 and it is very nice quality.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Surely there most be a 30 or 40 great holsters that work for many people . I've use one holster for 17 years . A Comp-Tac MTAC with a P320 for the last 5.8 years and notched the kydex front edge so our m&p 4.25 core with optic carried well in it too but many more with a 1911 body on it .

My wife changed form a MTAC to a Stealthgear Ventcore mini last year and likes it too with a kimber ultra 1911 .

Finding a right holster first time may be mostly dumb luck . OR it becomes more trial & error .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Check out T Rex Arms. I believe they make an IWB for the p226, but I don't think they have one for the 220.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have recently looked at Southern Trapper. Intrigued by their OWB/IWB combos. Has belt slots for OWB and screws for Clips. Same holster. Have ordered a Sea Witch.

Milt Sparks makes quality gear. Carried a Summer Special for a Colt Detective Special many years ago. Infinitely comfortable. Recently added an SSII for my P365 SAS. Carries well.

Mitch Rosen makes high quality gear. Used an ARG for a Browning HP in the 90's.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I’ve been carrying my P220 Carry Equinox IWB as my usual carry daily in a horsehide Crossbreed Super Tuck for roughly 10 years now, and the holster has been superb regarding comfort and concealment.

Actually, I’m on my second one, my first one having actually worn out from daily wear about 3 years ago.

The kydex was shot so I sent it back to the company for warranty repair under the lifetime warranty, at which time they returned a brand new holster to me, at no charge with no questions asked.

I’ve also got a horsehide Super Tuck for my M&P .40 which I carried for years previous to the SIG, and still carry it on occasions where I feel better served by its capacity of 16 rounds of 180 grain HST in the gun.

Since last week, due to a back injury I’m trying out a Ritchie Gunleather OWB Belt Speed Scabbard and it’s been excellent so far, offering extreme comfort and about 95% of the concealment of the IWB.

But for IWB, the horsehide Supertuck, which is highly adjustable for both cant and ride height, has been by far the best IWB holster I’ve ever found for carrying a heavy, large frame, pistol all day, every day, in over 45 years of carrying a handgun.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Joe You going to find about every holster brand made has a great holsters for many folks !! HA
Yup, and many folks have those very same holsters stuffed away in their “drawer of shame” set aside for holsters that just didn’t cut it for them :lol:

Reactions: hardluk1

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Pistols that large I only carry OWB. Decide if you want leather, kydex or a "blend." That said, Sparks makes excellent holsters as suggested by bbl. I have a Tucker OWB for my P220 and it is very nice quality.
I have the Tucker HF2 for my 229 and love it. They make a fine product.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Yup, and many folks have those very same holsters stuffed away in their “drawer of shame” set aside for holsters that just didn’t cut it for them :lol:

Yea , We all have to find what each of like best . Maybe family or friends will take some of those unloved holsters off our hands over time and shrink whats in that box . Mines down to 3 junk holsters for my wife and I .

·
Registered
843 Posts
For IWB Milt Sparks VMII or my preference the Criterion which rides a little deeper in your waistband and has a little more forward cant than the VMII.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
12,050 Posts
Check out MIE Productions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts