SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Invest in a Safariland holster and QLS mounts, then pick and choose your mounting location as needed...drop leg, thigh, low ride belt, mid ride belt, paddle, MOLLE, under the desk, etc.

Here's a partial sample of my Safariland setup for my M17:

Prices might make your wallet bleed a bit, and look outrageous compared to some $30 kydex job on eBay, but it's good stuff and there's a reason it's so popular with LEOs and the military.

Also, extra milspec cred if you go with the Safariland 7TS system in Coyote, as that's what Uncle Sam is issuing with the M17 and M18.

If you're wanting to OWB/IWB concealed carry, then Kydex is a better solution, but don't buy it on eBay...

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Is the M18 a carry pistol or range match pistol ?? If for carry look at a Comp-Tac MTAC or StealthGear Ventcore Mini . The safety will not matter with ether rig . I carried a P320 compact 40 in a mtac for 5 years and 4 months and the same rig works fine for a m&p 4.25 9 or 40 or good enough for a 1911 commander with out changing the kydex body .

I even notched the kydex body for the optic 's on a M&P core 4.25 we have and a p320XC I had .

If you just got a have a owb check out Tucker HF-1 if not optics used .

·
Registered
823 Posts
... I'm still debating between drop leg and a belt holster. Just need ideas.
Get a belt holster.

The "drop leg" holster was designed for carrying a pistol where there is no more room left on your belt because of ammo pouches, canteens and load bearing equipment like rucksacks. Even a parachute gets in the way.

There's nothing more ridiculous than a thigh or drop leg holster on a civilian, by itself, all flapping and banging around.

A sure sign of the wannabe commando types who never served a day in the military.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'll be getting one of the Safariland holsters with the hood that covers the RDS I have installed. The hood should help keep the optic clear of gun and the holsters retention will keep the pistol falling out when I do run and gun competitions.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here is a group of holsters that fit my M18. Any that are for a 320 C should work well. You see here top row: Galco VHS which mag pouches will take the 17-round mags with patience and stretching the straps to snap by use.,top right Blade Tech.

Second row left to right: TT Gunleather IWB; Milt Sparks VM2 IWB with Shark accents; RGrizzle Georgia Snap 2 OWB.
39076B80-9848-455A-A18D-90620750E33A.jpeg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts