SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread a while back reviewing a number of holsters I have purchased for my P320 EDC platform.

At the time I felt that of all of the holsters I had purchased the Crossbreed Supertuck was my favorite.

After a bit more time and purchase of a few more holsters, most recently a Stealth Gear, I have come full circle.

I now find that a single clip IWB holster at the 4 o'clock position works best for me 95% of the time. I have two full Kydex and two hybrid Kydex/leather that I swap between. Furthermore, I found that I was able to fit everything (P225, P227, p228 and my P320 357 and P320 45) in at least two of these confidently.

The dual clip Crossbreed and Stealth Gear holsters are just too cumbersome.

I also have two OWB leather holsters that I have become quite fond of. However they do make a lot of noise and need bulkier wear.

I was just curious what you guys preferred for your EDC duty.

Single Clip/Dual Clip?

IWB/OWB?

A poll would be good. I need to figure out how to do that.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Something as basic as the double clip crossbreed skinny up and move your attachment points around . Buy a couple C-Clips from comp-tac and you will find a world of adjustability it never had in stock form . Once you find new skinny attachment points the C-clip has 4 points to attach to . Start trimming un needed leather off of it . I had the same crossbreed as my first factory made hybrid and gave that turd away before find out about different and far better clips and moving points around ?

Now for 14 years I use a com-tac neutral that I still moved the rear attachment point in and up . I found the the straight bottom p250c kydex body works for my p320 or wifes m&p core , 1911 and s&w 669 well enough once I get the belt pulled up !

I hate IWB all kydex holsters , the hard surface is not easy on a hard working mans body and really can't get by concealed with a OWB worth a darn . TO bad I have a nice nelson holster and black hills holster .

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have come to the same conclusion. Although Crossbreed (i've never worn) and MTAC (I have worn) distribute the weight of the gun, they are a chore to slip on and off compared to a single clip design. Since switching to a single clip, or even a StickyHolster, I now never leave the house unarmed. But then again, I don't carry a "go to war gun" on a daily basis either.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I wear the Alien Gear IWB for my EDC. I have carried them for years. I like the single clip kydex IWB but I have a gut and it sometimes will stick into my belly especially when I am seated making them uncomfortable. I need to lose my gut!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wear the Alien Gear IWB for my EDC. I have carried them for years. I like the single clip kydex IWB but I have a gut and it sometimes will stick into my belly especially when I am seated making them uncomfortable. I need to lose my gut!
Good to hear everyone's input.

For this I lost 30 lbs. Well, that and trying to not be diabetic. However, I have also gotten to where I wear a dry weave compression shirts under my top shirt 100% of the time now. In the summer here in Texas I sweat like a dancing mule, and I find that a tight fitting dry weave undershirt keeps me cooler than no undershirt. Furthermore, it makes an IWB holster super comfortable to wear regardless of whether it is leather or Kydex.

Jeeper808 - that is one exceptionally nice holster!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
G
For this I lost 30 lbs. Well, that and trying to not be diabetic.
Good for you. They told me I was pre-diabetics for many years to which I said it will never happen to me. Felt like **** and went to the ER to find my blood sugar was 700. I lost 40 pounds total. 20 pounds because I was sick and 20 pounds because I tried to eat right. But now I'm on pills and take a nightly injection. Should have listened 20 years ago.

·
Registered
17,945 Posts
Another vote for the Alien gear 2 clip IWB. Been wearing one everyday for years.

There are cumbersome to take off, but I never take the holster off except when I put on clean pants, so that isn't a big deal to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently acquired a Black Arch dual clip Protos-M IWB for my full size 1911's and I must say that it is one comfortable holster. I spent 4 hours walking around Minneapolis, Minnesota when It was 90 some degrees and humid the other day and the mesh backing kept it breathing real nice.

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
Originally I CCW'ed with a single clip IWB holster. I found it moved too much and was too uncomfortable. I've since switched to 2 clip holsters and like them just fine. My primary EDC is a P239/9 in a Milt Sparks VMII.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What about mag holsters? I have a few from OnYour6 Designs, but they are pretty bulky. I am now looking for something that will hold 2 P225 A1 mags.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I never found a good double clip hard to deal with . Mine only comes off with a change of pants . Never ever remove it during a days activities even in the government center or hospital . Now I will say some belt clips suck and I hate the metal clips . They show up easily if tucked in , metal detectors pick up on them too and most times they might as well be a solid loop as for a clip on they suck !

I also won't keep any holster that will fold up when the handgun is removed . That just means Its harder to draw and fire drills do to reholstering that's needed !.

Holsters are like handguns . There a bunch of them out there and just because one works for you does not mean it will work for me . Sort a like sticky holsters or all kydex for me . Pure junk to me .

You also need to give a holster a few days to a week of hard work before deciding with its right for you like your handgun choice . Not a 4 hours walk around town . Go weed eat the yard or go help a friend do something physical if your an office guy before deciding if you have the right long term holster .

Most holster makers will take them back if they don't work out .

Mag holders , I like single holders and find a iwb holder will compress to me even if a single stack mag is in a double stack holster . Check out Tucker gun leathers Kinda $$ but work well . And can fit between belt and pants .

http://www.tuckergunleather.com/iwb-single-magazine-pouch/

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Agreed Hardluk1 on many of your points. I found that the single clip leather backed hybrids did not move around on me and are easily as comfortable for all day wear.

The full Kydex are what I use if I think I am going to be having to take it on and off a lot.

Then I found that I liked the full leather OWB's when I am moving around a lot. I got one of the El Paso Saddlery High Side and find it to be almost the perfect holster. http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-149-11-high-slide.aspx

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just ordered the Remora IWB w/belt clip and full sweat shield. I really want to carry my P320c as I shoot it better than any other hand gun I've ever shot! I just have issues concealing a firearms very well! Hopefully the Remora will work.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Let up know he the Remora works out.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
I prefer AIWB in the INCOG system by G-Code. It is multi-purpose system that allows you to choose btwn a single or dual clip with or without a mag caddy. My current system is the INCOG Shadow XC-1 with a single clip, without the caddie. I purchased their OWB caddy and wear it at the 8/0 position depending on pants. I have the IWB caddy that connects to the holster, but don't like how it rides in front, and it is too much to have IWB on the hip.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/incog-shadow-xc1/

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/kydex-single-pistol-magazine-carrier/

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I used to think the same thing about hybrid 2 clip holsters as the OP, until I got a Black Arch dual clip Protos-M IWB for my CC weapon. It is simply the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever worn. My Alien Gear 3.0 is nowhere near as comfortable nor is it as easy to put on and take off. For long-term wear its terrific. If I am just slipping something into my pants for a quick trip then my Clinger Atom is fast, easy, and stays put - but after a while its less comfortable.

Reactions: MinnesotaFletch
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.