SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious on what others think. i have a p320 X compact and an X carry. The X carry is probably less than 1/2 inch longer, other than that they fit the same holsters as long as you get the carry holster. That would give you a small space when carrying the compact. When you have guns that close is it worth it to buy a holster for each or just buy for the longer slide and use it for the smaller one also.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
12,050 Posts
You can certainly carry the X-Compact in the X-Carry holster but I prefer to have a separate holster for each gun that I own.

Reactions: Jslow

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have one holster that "fits" 3 different guns, none of which are carry guns. It is a great range use holster, but I would not hesitate to use a slightly longer barrel design holster for basically the same model gun that has a shorter barrel. To each his (her) own.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have multiple guns with different length barrels that I use the same holster for. 1911 professional at 4” and a commander at 4.25” is one example as well as the X-Carry & X-Compact being another example. If I only had a couple of different guns I would probably have a special holster for each one.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I found with my 365 and 365XL that the shorter 365 rides better in the XL holster than the one made for it. That little extra length of the holster seems to help tuck it in a smidgen better.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
It is possible to find a custom made carry holster that will work for more than one gun. For example I have a Tucker HF2 that was custom made for my P229 and it works form my H&K P30 and also my FNP40..

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
If you want to carry a Streamlight TLR-1 or Surefire X300, PHLster holsters are molded to fit the light so you can use most any pistol. Light Bearing | PHLSTER Kydex Holsters and Medical Accessories. I don't own one, but it's worth looking into if you're interested in one holster fitting multiple guns.

On a separate note, I have leather holsters that often fit different guns. You just have to make sure the trigger is properly covered, but I have a M&P9 M2.0 Subcompact, for example, that fits my old leather Glock 26 holster. A lot of it is trial and error. I also have a P229 holster meant for a 9mm that I use for my 40/357. I just took an heatgun to it to make it fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts