SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
. Most of us carry our lights separate so they can be used when handguns as not necessarily wanted too or wear with retention as a LE would .. I have one holster in that style and hate it . To much unwanted width .

Other options in leather ??

Black Hills Leather LE line but with retention . Custom is not an issue so removing strap , maybe

Maybe Davis Leather company can help . They do custom work and with lights

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Yeah, agree. I suppose it's possible to conceal carry a rig like that, but you'd have to dress VERY warmly for your NV location. I have a Bravo Concealment kydex P226 with light holster, but have never felt comfortable conceal carrying it.

Here're some more typical carry heavy with M11-A1 & carry light with P938 kit options

image.jpeg

Cheers

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I carry lighter but smaller ?? Maybe not with a p320 compact 40 and two 15 round mags with sog pocket knife and a fenix fd81 . Handguns conceals well IWB in a comp-tac neutral . Used that basic back half for 12 years at a 3:15 position with only a T shirt or button down that fits . Heavy clothing is not needed . Good adjustable holster is !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hardluk1 and kansascity45
Thanks for your input and options, I appreciate it. Wish more members would have jumped in but that's OK. I do have other smaller firearms and holsters better suited for CCW/EDC.
For 226/no light, Raven and DeSantis make the gun almost disappear; outstanding gear.
Just wanted to explore all possible options for the 226 equipped with X400 and X300. It was interesting to talked with several reputable holster companies about their products, as well as with the Surefire guys; all good people.
Thanks and God bless!
:salute2:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I've got one for my Beretta with a Viridian C5 and have never carried it concealed as others have said .. bulkier then I would like .. and I didn't like the fact you have to cover someone with the pistol to shine the light on them ..

I instead went with a NiteCore MH12 1000 lumen hand held light .. the only time I use my laser/light and holster is dry fire practice .. or playing at the range .. might put it on my AR at a later date ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts