SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been considering adding a smaller gun to my carry gun options.

I have a couple pocket holsters that have worked just fine for the guns I've carried this way (G43, Seecamp LWS, S&W442).

I'd prefer to get stuff out of my pockets and onto a belt. Hidden on the belt. Using a lighter and more compact gun is appealing right now as I need to trim down a good bit to allow more comfort for my larger guns in their IWB holsters.

I tried a P938 the other day and was impressed.

Even with only having a 6-round magazine, large hands and much more range time with my G43......I shot it as good if not better than my G43 (that had the extended magazines). The sights, checkering and smooth cycling were very effective in shooting it well. I now want one, lol.

I can see it being a very comfortable gun to carry in a wider range of holsters.

My other IWB holsters for various other guns have 20-25 degrees of cant and are worn behind the hip.

This small gun, though....may not really need as much or any cant. A holster with zero cant could also be used AWIB....as well as anywhere from 3-5 o'clock.

Am I wrong in thinking this ?

I was considering a Zorn Wraith IWB with 0 cant for this gun and it would offer ability to wear in multiple positions and appears to be extremely easy on/off.

https://www.zornholsters.com/holster-ride

I like his "gun ride position tool" ^^^^^ Neat looking interactive graphic that allows for a view of various belt widths, ride heights and cant angle.

I asked him if he'd be able to offer a a raised lip on the outside that would cover the ambi safety.....he said that could be accommodated with no problem on his end.

What say you P938 owners ? Does an easy on/off 0-5 degree canted IWB holster seem advisable for this compact performer ?

I hate holster shopping because of the fear it's going to wind up in a drawer. I'd normally just order a Milt Sparks Criterion or similar for it.....but in this case I'm wanting something even thinner and best able to handle the sweat and humidity
of my fat arse getting into shape....lots of frequent walking and hiking.

This gun will get a lot of carry as I burn off the weight and can better conceal my larger guns as well as offer a high quality compact gun that I shoot better than my other small guns.

Would appreciate your input as well as what you are liking or disliking about your P938 holsters.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Reactions: DubfromGA

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a Lobo Gun Leather off set belt clip holster on order now for mine. No experience with it yet for the P938 but have it for my S&W 640 and love it for appendix carry. Great holster. Easy on. Stays put and comfortable. But I prefer leather to Kydex personally

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have been using Remora's for better than ten years. I like them they stay in place and you can place them where ever and how ever. They are clip less. Once you learn to trust them, there great. I have never in all the years had a problem. Yes order with a full sweat shield for warm weather. The one on the left in the photo is over ten years old, still looks new. The one on the right is almost three years old no sign of wear on either. They are in service daily.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have been using Remora's for better than ten years. I like them they stay in place and you can place them where ever and how ever. They are clip less. Once you learn to trust them, there great. I have never in all the years had a problem. Yes order with a full sweat shield for warm weather. The one on the left in the photo is over ten years old, still looks new. The one on the right is almost three years old no sign of wear on either. They are in service daily.

+1 on the Remora. I have the 2-in-1. (it is clip or clipless)
https://www.remoraholsterstore.com/product/remora-2-in-1-clipno-clip-holster/
If it is mostly going to be worn IWB get the following options.
Reinforced Top (makes holstering easier.)
Sweat Shield

I also got the Black Ultra Plush Lining and the Ulticlip Upgrade.
I like the option of not being required to wear a belt.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for your help.

I'm seeing some great options here.

The small size of this P938 and a good holster should take away all the excuses for me not carrying.

I saw some ideas here for the wife's carry guns, too. I like the Remora with the clip where she could use in her pocketbook or hip with ease.

I'll update this thread with what I decide to do.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My P938 usually resides in my Sticky pocket holster, and that works fine. There are times when I prefer to belt carry and for those occasions I bought a DeSantis Mini-Scabbard. While it works, I don't care for the rough, unfinished, leather surface on the inside.

Therefore, I just ordered another belt holster, this one a Belt Slide with smooth lining from D.M. Bullard Leather. It will be several weeks until it arrives but I am anticipating liking the more 'finished' look.

Belt Slide for Sig Sauer Series - D.M. Bullard Leather Mfg.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like the Null SSS OWB. It's made out of horsehide and slick as butter to draw from. They look like the desantis mini scabbard but those are junk imo. I had one of those for another gun and that little screw on the back even scratched my 2 gun belts.If you like the style the Null SSS is the answer . He will make it and have you one in about a week. I also use a sticky for IWB. Waiting on my Grizzle GS2 . I like a variety of holsters.:D

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Dub - I have a P938 Equinox. I purchased the Alien Gear 3.0. Just drove back from Hilton Head - 12 hour trip with never a thought. Extremely comfortable. The customer
Service is great too. They have a guarantee that is second to none. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
As small as the P938 is, any decent IWB will work fine. Mine is from High Noon Holsters, good prices and great service.

·
Registered
156 Posts
OP - no doubt there are plenty of suggestions ... no harm to have one more .. LOL. I luv mine, serves me more than well for 3+ years, anywhere between 2 to 4 o'clock.

From Garrity gun leather :

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I have the BTB from Bullard for the 938 and like it a lot. My wife carries this mostly, but I do sometimes as well, if I am dressing up for something. It's small enough that any kind of cover garment will conceal.

I want to say I have the same holster for the 226 and it's just too big and does not work for me at all. But, it's a pretty tidy package for the 938!

I've never bumped the safety off on the 938, but I have on the SAO a few times, tho now I know where and why it happens, and keep a little tighter check on that. I suspect Bullard would do something for you, he added a 1/2 taller sweat shield on a belt slide for me, to accommodate the beaver tail.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts